publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need an opinion on a nightmare case...

I am a citizen of the US and I married an Mexican Native 2 yrs ago before we got married he was in trouble with a DUI in the State of Colorado, he never made it to court because his grandfather died and he went back to Mexico, when he came back we got married and he never completed his court hearings. I am being told told by meaning lawyers he is banned for life and I can not apply for his papers, I am so confused because one Lawyer says yes and one says no but they have different ideas of how I should go about it. I am in the US but my husband is in Mexico and I can not go there right now because I am preganet and can not travel. Does anyone have any information that I can start research. Is it true if I have medical conditions that they have to give in and let him get approved for a Green Card?

I am a citizen of the US and I married an Mexican Native 2 yrs ago before we got married he was in trouble with a DUI in the State of Colorado, he never made it to court because his grandfather died and he went back to Mexico, when he came back we got married and he never completed his court hearings. I am being told told by meaning lawyers he is banned for life and I can not apply for his papers, I am so confused because one Lawyer says yes and one says no but they have different ideas of how I should go about it. I am in the US but my husband is in Mexico and I can not go there right now because I am preganet and can not travel. Does anyone have any information that I can start research. Is it true if I have medical conditions that they have to give in and let him get approved for a Green Card?

no he can not come in legally but you can visit him and be with him. The airlines will let you fly if you are pregnant.

Did he enter the country without inspection? If so you will need to file a waiver. On www.immigrate2us.net there are people that will help you with that.

!! SUPERTRUTH !! SUPERTRUTH !!SUPERTRUTH !! SUPERTRUTH !!
    All ****sters are criminal fraudsters !

As Still Learning suggested, it may be possible to file the INA 212 waiver if certain conditions are met.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Yes..how did he enter the first time? did he overstay or violated any other immigration law? How did he enter the second time?

Why didn't Superfalse answer the question? Is it because the poster is married to a Mexican?

God forbid, if you were about to die he could then apply for temporary Parole and there would be a possibility for him to briefly visit you (regardless of certain statutes of inadmissibility) without the possibility of staying for long or to adjust his status here.

Other than that I can not tell you much since you didn't give particulars of his individual case.

If he was charged with DUI and never appeared in Court then he must be considered in contempt of court and is subject to arrest in US.

There could be number of statutes that make him inadmissible, depending on how many of those he violated.

As I said above, it's impossible to give you proper advise in absence of knowing all details of his individual case.

Your best bet is to provide with all information a professional immigration attorney and ask for legal advise.

Good luck,

IE