free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Our I-130 Processing in July 03', now working on Sept 03'

Hi,
    I have been checking processing dates often for the I-130 that I filed for my husband. I just checked it a couple weeks ago and the dates listed September 01, 2003. It may be that I just got confused with the year, and thought the I-130 I filed was 2002, so I ignored it, but today I looked at Processing dates again, and they are still on September 2003, and I realized.. Hey! Our Receipt notice is for July 2003.

I called the 1-800 number on the receipt notice, and spoke with someone. They asked me a series of questions. If we had changed address (Yes we did, but we filed this with them), and if we had received anything in the mail - No we haven't)

I have heard this happen to others on the board. The lady told me that she had to do a status check, and that we should expect to hear something in the mail in 30 days.

For those of you in which this happened, what could possibly be the hold up? Why haven't we received anything in the mail yet?

Hi,
    I have been checking processing dates often for the I-130 that I filed for my husband. I just checked it a couple weeks ago and the dates listed September 01, 2003. It may be that I just got confused with the year, and thought the I-130 I filed was 2002, so I ignored it, but today I looked at Processing dates again, and they are still on September 2003, and I realized.. Hey! Our Receipt notice is for July 2003.

I called the 1-800 number on the receipt notice, and spoke with someone. They asked me a series of questions. If we had changed address (Yes we did, but we filed this with them), and if we had received anything in the mail - No we haven't)

I have heard this happen to others on the board. The lady told me that she had to do a status check, and that we should expect to hear something in the mail in 30 days.

For those of you in which this happened, what could possibly be the hold up? Why haven't we received anything in the mail yet?

Veci,

I have been in the same situation for more than 13 months.

I did the same thing before, called the 800# and they told me the same story. Guess what, I never received a reponse to my inquiry. I even submitted 2 more inquiries and nobody is responding. Couple of weeks ago, I submitted another inquiry through the congresman. Yet, nothing up to now. Just hang in and pray that someone will look out for us down the road.
    What state are you in? I am in Michigan. If you are in Michigan, that would mean it's specific to the local district. Otherwise, uhm. I just dont know.

No- the problem is not specific to anywhere. It seems peopl ethat don't move don't get notices *all the time*. It is something that bewilders me. Also- those status check inquiries rarely yield infomation (ie- "in response to you r status check we found..."). However someimtes it does seem to get the file unstuck.

This unfortunately is not the news that I wanted to read... Cisse, do you mean that you have been waiting 13 months past the date listed that BCIS is working on?

Also, have you tried calling the 1-800 number again? What do they have to say when you tell them that you have gotten no response?

Veci, yes, I meant 13 past the date listed that BCIS is working on.

Yes I called the 800# again. They said that all they can do is to submit another inquiry. There is nothing else they can do.

Catycab, is there any logic that people who do not move dont get notices

Same here! Never received an approval notice with the replacement I-94 attached. Called the 800 number they put in an inquiry they said wait 30 more days that has passed, called again and now they want us to pay another $195 to replace the replacement! What the ****? We never moved, and have been receiving stuff since then! I don't understand.

Not quite sure if this is good news, but right now I am taking it as just that. I know that it may not be, but I'm hopeful.

I called Nebraska Service Center and they did a status inquiry about the I-130 I filed for my husband (said if we don't get anything in mail in 30 days to call back). Received something in 3-4 days in regards to the service that I had requested, which they stated as a change of address. I didn't speak to them at all about a change of address. We changed our address with them awhile back. I was upset, and called customer service number again. They told me that there wasn't anything they can do, that there must have been a mix up, but that the computer said that a status inquiry was made. She told us to write a letter to Nebraska Service Center. We did...

Next day received another notice from Nebraska Service Center stating that our case is under review, and to please allow more time.

Did anyone receive a notice like this. Do you think that we should expect to hear something soon about our case?