50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 Interview Scheduled

Hi all. It's been quite some time since I posted here. Nice to see you are still posting Pasha Patel. Just a quick summary...my husband and I married in India in April 2003. I finally got him here on a K-3 visa nine months later, so he arrived January 2004. We filed the I-485 and received a letter yesterday that we are scheduled for an interview in Pittsburgh in August. Just wondering if anyone has gone through that office for the marriage based I-485 and how it went?

By the way, we had a beautiful baby girl in November 2004. We will have to take her with us to the interview. We don't have anyone to keep her for us, and she's still just an infant anyway. Hope it won't be a problem for them for us to bring her along? Surely they would understand she's an infant and needs to be with her parents?

Thanks for any input. Nice to be posting here again.

Hi all. It's been quite some time since I posted here. Nice to see you are still posting Pasha Patel. Just a quick summary...my husband and I married in India in April 2003. I finally got him here on a K-3 visa nine months later, so he arrived January 2004. We filed the I-485 and received a letter yesterday that we are scheduled for an interview in Pittsburgh in August. Just wondering if anyone has gone through that office for the marriage based I-485 and how it went?

By the way, we had a beautiful baby girl in November 2004. We will have to take her with us to the interview. We don't have anyone to keep her for us, and she's still just an infant anyway. Hope it won't be a problem for them for us to bring her along? Surely they would understand she's an infant and needs to be with her parents?

Thanks for any input. Nice to be posting here again.

We took our 3 years old US born son with us. They did not mind. ( even though he was bugging us during the interview, you know 3 year old!). In my opinion, you should take your infant with you, this is another certificate prooving your bonafide marriage. You may actually take his birth certificate with you too.

We have been to the INS center a total of 6 times during the whole process to naturalization. I always saw small children and babies there. I am sure it is not a problem.