Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Travel after submitting N-400

Hello,

If you have experience with this matter please let me know:

I applied for naturalization recently (submitted N-400). I live in New York, NY so looking at the waiting times my interview should be scheduled some time next year between January and April. Meanwhile, I would like to travel abroad a couple of times - for a couple of weeks in May and then for 3 weeks in August. I am a permanent resident, married to a US citizen, and haven't travelled outside the States for more than 4 months during the last 3 years (my last trip was 45 days in September and part of October 2005).

My question is whether I am allowed to travel abroad (for less than 6 mos/year) without having to obtain some special permission while I am waiting for my interview for naturalization to happen?

Also if anyone has applied for naturalization in New York in the past year - how long did it take you since you submitted your application until you swore?

Thank you.

Hello,

If you have experience with this matter please let me know:

I applied for naturalization recently (submitted N-400). I live in New York, NY so looking at the waiting times my interview should be scheduled some time next year between January and April. Meanwhile, I would like to travel abroad a couple of times - for a couple of weeks in May and then for 3 weeks in August. I am a permanent resident, married to a US citizen, and haven't travelled outside the States for more than 4 months during the last 3 years (my last trip was 45 days in September and part of October 2005).

My question is whether I am allowed to travel abroad (for less than 6 mos/year) without having to obtain some special permission while I am waiting for my interview for naturalization to happen?

Also if anyone has applied for naturalization in New York in the past year - how long did it take you since you submitted your application until you swore?

Thank you.

My sister have been a permanent resident from 2000.she lives in New york.she went for the interview in december 15 2005,and was sworn in on the 4th or so of january 2006 in New york.I wish you good luck.

You don't need any permission to travel. Try not to miss your appointments (FP, interview, oath).

I am going to submit my N400 in a week and really concerned about processing time in Newark, NJ.
    Is there anyone who could help me to figure out should I submit my application now or later? The issue here is that I am planning to travel in July for 2 weeks and afraid to miss the dates.