free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help! Traffic violation and INS

Long story short...My husband got a speeding ticket in 2001 in CA. Paid it but the check bounced, we moved from address, changed banks, etc never heard from CA again. Went to INS interview in March 2004 no problems (Got LPR). Husband lost drivers license (forgot in work uniform went to cleaners never saw again) went to DMV NV said have ticket in CA. We try to pay over phone they said we have to mail in payment to address they gave us.
    Today while I am at home for lunch there is message for me (not my husband, but the guy mentioned my husbands name) stating to call this person back. Turns out he is from California Recovery, a collections agency. Tried to call him back, unfortuantely he is not there. They told me to call tomorrow. Why am I posting on here? Here it is.

Tomorrow at 11am my husband leaves for Canada. Is there a possibility there is a warrant out for his arrest for this unpaid ticket? I am concerned that when he tries to come back in a week there will be problems. He went to Canada and came back in November 2003 with no problems, but my concern might be that because he called and talked to the courts he is back on the map so to say. Anyone with any ideas? Please help!

Long story short...My husband got a speeding ticket in 2001 in CA. Paid it but the check bounced, we moved from address, changed banks, etc never heard from CA again. Went to INS interview in March 2004 no problems (Got LPR). Husband lost drivers license (forgot in work uniform went to cleaners never saw again) went to DMV NV said have ticket in CA. We try to pay over phone they said we have to mail in payment to address they gave us.
    Today while I am at home for lunch there is message for me (not my husband, but the guy mentioned my husbands name) stating to call this person back. Turns out he is from California Recovery, a collections agency. Tried to call him back, unfortuantely he is not there. They told me to call tomorrow. Why am I posting on here? Here it is.

Tomorrow at 11am my husband leaves for Canada. Is there a possibility there is a warrant out for his arrest for this unpaid ticket? I am concerned that when he tries to come back in a week there will be problems. He went to Canada and came back in November 2003 with no problems, but my concern might be that because he called and talked to the courts he is back on the map so to say. Anyone with any ideas? Please help!

Michael
    I hope he gets deported ! We do not want lawbreakers in America !!! Get out !!!

AMERICA - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !

An unpaid speeding ticket *can* result in a warrant.

So yes he technically could be taken into custody at the border if his name pops up on the warrant database.

personally i'd go finda local cop and ask him to run your husbands name on his computer to see if there are warrants.

-= nav =-

Doesnt sound like theres a warrant issued yet.

It appears that the case has been sent to collections, which is the normal debt resolution process in most cases esp for small monies like this.

But please do what moondin said and have a cop run a check on his name.

The above is just my opinion.

Good morning Ardainia. I pray that your situation turns out for the good. Please look over that ugly and VERY immature comment from Michae. Thankfully not all Americans are as narrow minded and prejudiced as he.

You have my prayers, and I solicit yours for a friend who is being detained at the local police department. He failed to make his most recent meeting with immigration officials. On yesterday, as he was leaving work, he was pulled for going a bit too fast. A normal traffic stop lead to the discovery that he missed his last appointment and NOW he faces being deported back to Honduras. He is a good, hard-working man, and my heart is heavy for his situation. As well as for so many others in the same situation. The issue of immigration and all the rules that must be followed is new to me. I wish everything was not so complicated and prejudiced, in many cases.

I am an American; born and raised here by American parents. But I see no color or race. We are all God's own and THAT is what makes the REAL difference. Take care and be blessed.

I would be really careful if I were him. I would wait until he cleared his ticket up and was sure. You can call the police station and find out if he has any warrants.

As for Michael, getting a ticket doesn't make you a criminal you idiot. Get a life. Why do you and BOOOOB go find somewhere else to live if you don't like the people who immigrate here. Unless you are a Native American you are an immigrant too.

Speeding ticket doesn't make a grint criminal; not paying for ticket does!!!! Now get out of USA!!!

Michael
    "Thankfully not all Americans are as narrow minded and prejudiced as he." This is not true ! All REAL AMERICANS are narrow minded and prejudiced; that is what makes America great.

AMERICA - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !