50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: no reply after 1st interview

My wife is usc, and i had a B2 visa. We married in Jan 2004, and had first interview May 2005. Because we don't have enough income for the past three yrs, the immigration officer told us to find another sponsor to support my green card application. On July 2005, we found her dad (who have enough to income to meet the USCIS requirement) to support me, and sent out all the documents (W2, income tax return, employment letter, etc) that the officer asked for. However, we still receive no reply from the USCIS. Is there any problem on my case? How long i have to wait for? If they issue me a green card after Jan 2006, will it be a permanent gc or condition gc?

Another question for my friend, he has received his permanent green card 6 months ago. Unfortunately, his wife is asking him for divorce. Will it cause any problem as he applies for naturalization after 5 year of holding a pgc?

Please advice.. thanks for all of you

My wife is usc, and i had a B2 visa. We married in Jan 2004, and had first interview May 2005. Because we don't have enough income for the past three yrs, the immigration officer told us to find another sponsor to support my green card application. On July 2005, we found her dad (who have enough to income to meet the USCIS requirement) to support me, and sent out all the documents (W2, income tax return, employment letter, etc) that the officer asked for. However, we still receive no reply from the USCIS. Is there any problem on my case? How long i have to wait for? If they issue me a green card after Jan 2006, will it be a permanent gc or condition gc?

Another question for my friend, he has received his permanent green card 6 months ago. Unfortunately, his wife is asking him for divorce. Will it cause any problem as he applies for naturalization after 5 year of holding a pgc?

Please advice.. thanks for all of you

please help on my issue.. thanks in advance

1. Nothing to worry. Wait for USCIS process your case. You are not the only one whose case is pending.

2. Your friend will have to go to interview, at the end of 2 yr. cond.GC period, and prove to USCIS that he married in good faith.

As a spouse of USC one can apply for Citizenship after 3 years of physical presence in US as LPR.

If he applies after 5 years of having GC, I don't see why there should be a problem.

Thanks for help.

1)as you said nothing to worry, is it meant my 1st interview fine and the uscis will issue me a GC? it is just the matter of time, rite?

2)so my friend will be fine to apply for citizenship after 5 years of having GC, even their marriage is no longer existence. is that rite??

thanks again for your valuable comment

Usually, it's best to send anything to USCIS with a proof of delivery confirmation. This way at least you know they received it. Here's hoping you'll get something from them soon.

Alien can apply for N400, 4 years 9 mos after receipt of PR if he is no longer married to the USC, as long as he meets all other eligibility requirements.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.