50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What do I do now

My husband entered the US illegally from Mexico and we were married here 5 years ago. We sent in an application to the INS when he moved back to Mexico for a short time but it was taking so long he came back again. He has now been living here for 4 years and we have a daughter together. He wants to become legal. What do we do now? Do we try to continue with the old application which was proceesed, but nothing ever came of it or do we try again? Will he be allowed to get a visa and how do we go about it? HELP!!

My husband entered the US illegally from Mexico and we were married here 5 years ago. We sent in an application to the INS when he moved back to Mexico for a short time but it was taking so long he came back again. He has now been living here for 4 years and we have a daughter together. He wants to become legal. What do we do now? Do we try to continue with the old application which was proceesed, but nothing ever came of it or do we try again? Will he be allowed to get a visa and how do we go about it? HELP!!

Some questions perhaps wil help us understand better your case, if you won't mind?
    1. are you a US citizen?
    2. what was the petition for your husband and what was the result or response of INS?
    3. how did he cross or travel to Mexico and how did he return?

I was born here in the U.S. We filed a G-325A petition for an alien relative and the last we heard was that it was processed and that they would be sending more papers, but they never came. He always passed in New Mexico, mostly by walking and he returned to his own country in a car and just drove across the border.

You mean you filed a 130? How long ago? Have you received anything at all from the INS like receipt of notice.

Since he came in illegally, there is nothing you can do to make him legal at the moment. Last year they had the 245(i) but I don't think it has been extended yet.

He should have had the patience to stay out of the country for his petition to go through. There are a lot of people out there that are doing just that.