50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I need advice on expired visa

I have a friend in the USA who got a student visa and it expired and she couldn't get back to school because she couldn't work. She had stayed Thanksfor 5months without getting back to school. She now wants to get back to school, do you think admission will be given her? Will it be possible for her to get an F i-20 again to be able to get back to school?
    Somebody help out please.

I have a friend in the USA who got a student visa and it expired and she couldn't get back to school because she couldn't work. She had stayed Thanksfor 5months without getting back to school. She now wants to get back to school, do you think admission will be given her? Will it be possible for her to get an F i-20 again to be able to get back to school?
    Somebody help out please.

I think someone told me that F-1 reinstatement is possible but becomes problematic after 5 months out of status. Your friend might want to get advice quick.

Yes, i need the advice to help her out. Anybody to help please?

1. If outside the 5 month period you have to establish that the failure to file earlier was because of exceptional circumstances.

2. You have to show that the violation of status resulted from things beyond your control.

3. Showing that not approving reinstatement would lead to extreme hardship to you is also useful.

If what I just typed makes no sense to you, I suspect this an an area where an attorney who does alot of this kind of work would be worth a visit.

Cedar, what if the girl on coming to America and she couldn't pay her fees, and she stayed out of school for one and a half years before her visa expired for five months. Do you think that the immigration will still accept the excuse?

hello!

i think the best thing that your friend can do is to consult with the DSO (designated school official/officer) in their school if she wants to know what she needs to do for her "F1 status" to be reinstated.

there are also websites that provide information on how to apply for F1 status reinstatement. just type in " F1 status reinstatement" in the search box and you'll find lots of info about this topic.

i hope these suggestions help. have a good evening.

What I think doesn't matter, but it doesn't look good to me. If she was out of school for 18 months she was probably out of status for 18 months. There is a difference between the visa in her passport and her status. An attorney or someone who does this type of thing regularly can give you a better idea of the chances of success.