free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: PLEASE HELP ME WITH I-485 FORM

Hi,

I came here on tourist vista in 2001. Got married in 2008 with a citizen. There is a box on the form asing me for my USCIS status and expiration date. Obviously, it is past the expiration date. I have seen some posts here that advise to put "out of status" amd "none" for expirationdate. Is this the only way to classify this?

Also, next part application type is not really clear to me. I have never had any K-1 papers and none of other options really fit my case.

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice.

Hi,

I came here on tourist vista in 2001. Got married in 2008 with a citizen. There is a box on the form asing me for my USCIS status and expiration date. Obviously, it is past the expiration date. I have seen some posts here that advise to put "out of status" amd "none" for expirationdate. Is this the only way to classify this?

Also, next part application type is not really clear to me. I have never had any K-1 papers and none of other options really fit my case.

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2x4:
    Hi,

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, what do you think your status is?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Well, my status is "out of status". I kind of figured out this part.

But what about the second part of this application where they are asking me about the application type? option "b" looks the closest but what is this K-1 thing??

Thanks. Now Im going further and on the application for travel, they are asking me about "class of admission".They mean the visa class i had??
    Is this form (I-131) optional, if Im not planning on leaving the country before the case is over??

I think it would be "AoS Pending". BTW, don't use the I-131 (Advance Parole) because of your overstay. If you do, you're likely to be denied re-entry. Save the $$$ on filing it for something more useful instead
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Put in the response the date on your form I-94, the last day you were legal.

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    You do NOT have any status being illegal here, but the best "diplomatic" way to answer this question is-Adjusting Status. This way USCIS will know that you don't have any status and trying to adjust status without saying that you are out-of-status.

And yes, Form I-131 is optional. You do not need to file it if you have no plan of traveling. Illegal status is automatically forgiven if applicant is an immediate relative of a US citizen. So don't think of any negative ideas about your application.

Good luck...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2x4:
    Hi,

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd just like to add (correct the inference in Sammy's post above) that you should not subit the I-131 since you have been out of status for that amount of time. In fact, it is not advisable to leave the country while your I-485 application is pending, with or without AP. Returning could trigger a bar.