Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-751 question

My extension is due to expire on 04/05/04
    I phoned Immigration again today and was told I'd have to go to either Norfolk Virginia, or Charlston SC for a temporary stamp/card. I live in NC and Charlotte does not do this. My question is how close to the date should I give them before I take this long drive and has anyone gone to either of these places. How long did it take and did you have to make an appointment prior to going? They sent for a status inquiry but said it could be three to four weeks for me to hear anything.
    Thanks in advance.

My extension is due to expire on 04/05/04
    I phoned Immigration again today and was told I'd have to go to either Norfolk Virginia, or Charlston SC for a temporary stamp/card. I live in NC and Charlotte does not do this. My question is how close to the date should I give them before I take this long drive and has anyone gone to either of these places. How long did it take and did you have to make an appointment prior to going? They sent for a status inquiry but said it could be three to four weeks for me to hear anything.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi ircroxy,

Some centers put stamp after NOA expires ... most of them put stamp when u go there ... u should be ok if u go now ... u don't have to make prior appointment ...u go early in the morning and they stamp ur passport on same day ... this is what I read on boards ...good luck...

You will be OK if you go now. I actually waited for a few weeks after the expiry date expired just to see if a new letter of extension would show up (it never did). I just went to my local district office (Newark) with my papers (and passport) which they stamped with another 1yr I-551. I had no appointment nor did I have any problems...

ARQU

Hey guys,
    Is it a must to get stamp on passport before travelling? I thought expired car and NOA should be enough for travel.

Please advice.

It is my understanding that if you travel to a Country that does not require a passport then you are ok. I travel to Canada and all I use is the Card and NOA. I do not own a passport. Hope that helps.

If NOA is expired then u need stamp in passport otherwise NOA is enough to travel with expired GC...

Pasha do you mean NOA is enough or is NOT enough?

Hi JD,

valid not expired NOA with expired GC is more than enough to travel anywhere in the world ( sure u need visa for another country if such needed) and come back to United States .... only need to get a stamp in passport is ...

if NOA is expired or near to expiration date and you plan to travel and come back after NOA's expiration...in that case its better to go local office and get more extension which they will do by putting stamp in passport... i hope i made myself clear here....

Pasha,
    Good, thanks. Am planning to travel in May; I have expired GC and NOA valid upto Dec'04, so I guess am all set, no need to get stamp on PP.

Hey, am going to my country, so I dont need a visa. Thanks for the heads up.