publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Family Petitioner's tax returns if using a joint sponsor ...

Hi,

I've gotten conflicting information if I am required to include my tax returns with the I-864 that we will be sending in along with my wife's family based adjustment to status application. My father is going to be the joint sponsor and use his last 3 years of tax returns.

I have not filed tax returns for the last 3 years because I borrowed money to attempt to start a new technology company. I lost money and never paid myself an income. At some point, when I start making an income, I will pay an accountant and CPA to file the years of losses to offset future income, but I don't want to do it now or before getting my wife's immigration papers filed.

If I am required to do so, do I need to type them an explanation and then just bring in the tax returns to our interview next year.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

I've gotten conflicting information if I am required to include my tax returns with the I-864 that we will be sending in along with my wife's family based adjustment to status application. My father is going to be the joint sponsor and use his last 3 years of tax returns.

I have not filed tax returns for the last 3 years because I borrowed money to attempt to start a new technology company. I lost money and never paid myself an income. At some point, when I start making an income, I will pay an accountant and CPA to file the years of losses to offset future income, but I don't want to do it now or before getting my wife's immigration papers filed.

If I am required to do so, do I need to type them an explanation and then just bring in the tax returns to our interview next year.

Thanks for any help!