publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 Approved after 7 years !!!

For those who dont know my story, I'll give a brief rundown.
    12/99- USC spouse petitioned for me
    4/00- 1st EAD doc
    3/01- 2nd EAD doc
    6/01- Received letter of interview and got interviewed.
    2/02- 3rd EAD doc- Inquiries were made but was told that status is pending
    8/02- Made inquiries at local office and staff requested that file be transferred to local office from LA
    1/03- 2nd Interview branded I-130 in LA, Got separated from spouse during interview. Officer stated, will get back to us
    2/03- 4th EAD doc- inquiries made- status pending.
    8/05- Request for fingerprint
    3/06- RFE
    9/06-5th EAD document
    12/06- Home visit/ verification of marriage from USCIS officials, they appeared satified with findings
    12/06- Fingerprint
    12/06- APPROVAL OF I-485, Greencard will be here within 90 days.
    I thank you all for your comments and insights, they were very well taken and used. I will keep visiting this site and keep offering my two cents if need be.

For those who dont know my story, I'll give a brief rundown.
    12/99- USC spouse petitioned for me
    4/00- 1st EAD doc
    3/01- 2nd EAD doc
    6/01- Received letter of interview and got interviewed.
    2/02- 3rd EAD doc- Inquiries were made but was told that status is pending
    8/02- Made inquiries at local office and staff requested that file be transferred to local office from LA
    1/03- 2nd Interview branded I-130 in LA, Got separated from spouse during interview. Officer stated, will get back to us
    2/03- 4th EAD doc- inquiries made- status pending.
    8/05- Request for fingerprint
    3/06- RFE
    9/06-5th EAD document
    12/06- Home visit/ verification of marriage from USCIS officials, they appeared satified with findings
    12/06- Fingerprint
    12/06- APPROVAL OF I-485, Greencard will be here within 90 days.
    I thank you all for your comments and insights, they were very well taken and used. I will keep visiting this site and keep offering my two cents if need be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ome visit/ verificat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations!

Why did it take so long?

Do you have kids born to marriage? You mentioned you separated from your spouse, did you two reconcile later?

Would you please give some details about home vist/verification? Is it a suprise visit? I never heard that before.

Sorry I meant that we were separated during the interview. At no time did we separate. We are still married with no kids.

The visit was a surprise one, If you are trully married and living with your spouse you have nothing to worry about

Something is very very odd with your story and situation.
    Approvale of I485 took 7 years? there must be 1005 something weird u ain't telling us or told us,with all do respect.
    As far green card goes,you'll get what everyone gets first, a conditional green card.Which after 2 years of having u have apply to have the conditions removed.And if your i485 took 7 years" I do not wanna know how long your conditional will take.

Where are you originally from?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the person will get a non-conditional greencard, not conditional. There is no more trouble to remove condition for him/her.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soo Long:
    Sorry I meant that we were separated during the interview. At no time did we separate. We are still married with no kids.

The visit was a surprise one, If you are trully married and living with your spouse you have nothing to worry about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for sharing the story. Your green card unconditional is 10-year valid. That's the positive side of waiting so long.