free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N-400 interview

After a gruelling interview, lady hands me N-652 with the following checked;

You passsed the History and Gov't test.
    You passed the english language test.
    USCIS will mail you a notice of the decision in the mail.
    Make sure to:
    notify USCIS of address changes
    attend any oath ceremony you are scheduled for

Where do I stand?

After a gruelling interview, lady hands me N-652 with the following checked;

You passsed the History and Gov't test.
    You passed the english language test.
    USCIS will mail you a notice of the decision in the mail.
    Make sure to:
    notify USCIS of address changes
    attend any oath ceremony you are scheduled for

Where do I stand?

Hey, congratulation - you've passed. Welcome new citizen. All the best.

Thanks for your kind words but perhaps I should have epxlained what I meant by "gruelling" interview.
    Story Married to the same US citizen for 6 years, my green card is good for 10 years. We just relocated so I could attend medical school and my initial interview was cancelled at my former city of residence and so my file was transferred to where I am now. The interview letter didnt mention for me to bring my spouse and so I went to the interview alone. After I passed the test, signed my pictures, interviewer gave me the N-652 and another paper (RFE) saying for me to return with my spouse the following day. No problemo,my wife is a nurse and she works for one of the largest hopsitals downtown so we returned but the immigration officer interviewed my spouse alone and basically just grilled her for almost 15 minutes asking the same questions over and over and over again. We went to the interview with all our documents but not once did she ask to see anything. My spouse later told me most of the questions were extremely inappropriate.
    I just smell a rat for some reason. Any thoughts?

Well, normally the USCIS does NOT ask you to come to the naturalization interview with your spouse. Add to this separate interview of your spouse and "extremely inappropriate" questions - it looks like they're looking for "marriage fraud". If you didn't do anything wrong there is nothing to be concerned about. You mention also that you've moved "recently". If you moved to another USCIS district you need to reside there for at least 3 month to be eligible for naturalization.

In any case, don't worry and wait for the decision. If it's unfavorable (denial) there are procedures to get your case before the immigration judge but I hope it won't come to that. I'm rooting for you. Good luck.

The same thing happened with me too.After almost 8 months of my first naturalization interiew(in the state of GA) i got another letter stating me and my USC spouse both need to be at the interview.And this was a stokes interview asking lots of inappropriate questions in separate rooms both of us.

Thanks verbalist. Hey deereyes_2007, what was the final disposition on your case?
    Also, I think I have an idea of what it means but I'll ask anyway, what does the "stokes" interview mean?

I passed the interview talking about the english,civic test etc.Then after 8 months i had this stokes interview which is they took our interview separately asking so many different questions (which i didn't have any problems at all).In the stokes interview you can expect any question of any type.

By the way you said you changed your address while N400 pending.Did you go to a different state and did it delay the processing time.As Verbalist said you need to be there 3 months before eligible, what does that mean.I just recently moved to a different state (from GA to FL) while my N400 still pending.

Wow, 8 months? You must be a very patient person, thats 240 days, 120 past the alloted time. Whatever happened to WOM? You know, when I think about it now, I must be the unluckiest person in the world, for lack of a better word. I actually relocated the same week they sent my interview letter at my former city and so I had to wait 90 days (just like verbalist said) before going for my interview last week. I didnt have any worries when she called my wife in to conduct the so called "stokes" interview, I guess I'm just pissed over the way it went. Isnt it supposed to be that when you're applying for the green card, the burden of proof is on you (the applicant) to prove to them that your marriage is indeed legit, now that I'm a permanent resident, married for 6 years, isnt the burden of proof supposed to shift roles? Guess I'm just troubled by the fact that I've worked so hard in this country to get to the point that I am now only for some power drunk immigration official to treat it all like dirt.

Actually it even worse.I'm talking about i had the second interview after 8 months of the first interview.So the second interview was after almost a year after i filed for N400.

Anyway question for Verbalist.At this stage as i moved to a different state (GA to FL) what gonna happen with my application.By the way just to add I lived FL before with my wife where i got my conditional card after which we moved to FL.