50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: banking on amnesty

I've read some of the pending bill and previous discussions in this forum and it occured to me that a lot of illegal immigrants can actually start filing petitions now,frivolous or not, and get work permit then social security and start working easily.

The reason I said that is because if you look at the impending bill it waives ineligibility requirements that are non criminal in nature. So even if your petitions is denied and you were ordered deported ,or even if you eventually end up in removal proceedings, the upcoming amnesty will still save you because you will still be eligible. So in short ,there really is nothing to worry about.

There's a lot of ways you could get work permit nowadays in the present system, especially with concurrent filings already allowed so you won't need to wait for approval to get work permit. you could get married to anybody the next day and submit it and you'll get work permit in 3 months. It won't matter anymore if the petition doesn't fly, just hope the amnesty comes around and and you will still be able to legalize, meanwhile you have all the papers needed to get a good paying job.

Just a thought.

I've read some of the pending bill and previous discussions in this forum and it occured to me that a lot of illegal immigrants can actually start filing petitions now,frivolous or not, and get work permit then social security and start working easily.

The reason I said that is because if you look at the impending bill it waives ineligibility requirements that are non criminal in nature. So even if your petitions is denied and you were ordered deported ,or even if you eventually end up in removal proceedings, the upcoming amnesty will still save you because you will still be eligible. So in short ,there really is nothing to worry about.

There's a lot of ways you could get work permit nowadays in the present system, especially with concurrent filings already allowed so you won't need to wait for approval to get work permit. you could get married to anybody the next day and submit it and you'll get work permit in 3 months. It won't matter anymore if the petition doesn't fly, just hope the amnesty comes around and and you will still be able to legalize, meanwhile you have all the papers needed to get a good paying job.

Just a thought.

and one that should have remsained in the deepest recesses of whats left of your 'mind"

I believe its a much more complicated process thant that and it involves leaving the US to go back to your home country.