free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fiance visa

i jjust filed a fiance visa and i recently received a notification that it had been received by immigration without a file number. how long will the process take to be completed? and my fiance can come to america.

i jjust filed a fiance visa and i recently received a notification that it had been received by immigration without a file number. how long will the process take to be completed? and my fiance can come to america.

You'll get another notice from NVC saying the file is being transferred to the foreign embassy. It will give you the embassy's address & information. Once you get that letter you can email the embassy ask them for their new file # & ask if they will open a provisional file for you. The length of time varies based on which service center you used and which embassy you will be going through. It can be 6 months to 1 yr, depending on your situation. If your fiance comes from a muslim dominant county it can be longer. If its Russia or Philipines or India it can be longer. No way to compare.

My fiance comes from cuba. Is that easier?

You can click on the processing times link on the left, then the service center you filed through and see what the processing times are for the I-129f. That will give you some IDEA of how long it should take for your file to be sent to the embassy.

what happens after the document is received by the Embassey. and how long does that process takes?

It takes forever. Your best bet is go to Cuba with your fiancée and stay there.

Check other immigration websites like britishexpats.com , and search for your foreign embassy in the search terms. I have heard Cuba is hard country because we dont have diplomatic relations with them. I would hope for the best but expect the worst, just make sure you have all your documents, save your phone bills, phone cards, emails, pictures, keep sending regular hallmark lovey type cards to her, and have her do the same.

julie:

thank's for responding. i've already filed all necessary papers. i'm just trying to get some idea of how long it should take to get her into the usa from cuba, if there are no technical problems.

My fiance (now my husband) was brought here from Cuba on a K-1 Fiance Visa. Immigration received the petition on July 16, 2003 and his visa was issued in Cuba on March 29, 2004. I believe things are moving quicker now however it will take some time and effort. If immigration received your petition you should receive a number such as LIN (for Lincoln Nebraska) LIN0312345235. If you have not received a 797 (Notice of Action) you should call. If you want to contact me by email so you can have more info specific to Cuba you mail email me at LandBDanceWithMe@comcast.net

I also have several friends who have brought their fiances' from Cuba recently. Good Luck