free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-94 replacement lost in the mail

Hi,

My wife lost her I-94 and we applied for a replacement. INS claims they've already mailed it out. Our interview date is in March. Now we have to apply for another replacement but we're afraid we won't get it in time for our interview date. Will the INS officer deny our AOS? What can we do?

Hi,

My wife lost her I-94 and we applied for a replacement. INS claims they've already mailed it out. Our interview date is in March. Now we have to apply for another replacement but we're afraid we won't get it in time for our interview date. Will the INS officer deny our AOS? What can we do?

Take better care of your documents? Don't lose your mail?

If you moved the USCIS won't forward. Apply again and take the receipt notice with you to the interview.

An I-94 is very important as it shows you were inspected upon entry. He may reschedule your interview because of this.

Won't the entry stamp on his passport also serve as inspection during entry?
    Safest way like Sug said is to explain the situation and maybe the officer will reschedule it. I'm optimistic about it though, with the proper documentation (stamp in passport, receipt notice from USCIS, etc) I seriously doubt they'll deny your AOS.

I know the AOS officers usually have a fetish for the I-94. I have had people contact me about their file (which sometimes has been closed for 10 years) in hopes that a photocopy of the I-94 was in there.

Two fire proof boxes in separate locations with copies of all immigration documents is well worth the investment. AND will start you nicely off on the road to Obsesive Compulsive Disorder.