free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: OPT and H1 problem

Hi,
    I am on OPT now and have a full time job. Unfortunately by the time my employer applied for the H1 visa ,the quota was already used up. My OPT is expiring in February 2007 and I am not sure how to maintain the status. My employer agrees on applying my VISA the next year ,but I am not sure how to keep myself from going out of status. The question I had in mind is that I can work until February and than get an I20 ,but there is no semester in Feb so should I apply for Summer I-20 or quit my job in December and get back to school in January semester. As far as I know we usually have 60 days of grace period after the OPT expires to make a decision. I am not sure if I should apply for Summer term or for January term. To be very honest I want to work until February or as much as I can because I will go for a Masters program and need money for that. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    I am on OPT now and have a full time job. Unfortunately by the time my employer applied for the H1 visa ,the quota was already used up. My OPT is expiring in February 2007 and I am not sure how to maintain the status. My employer agrees on applying my VISA the next year ,but I am not sure how to keep myself from going out of status. The question I had in mind is that I can work until February and than get an I20 ,but there is no semester in Feb so should I apply for Summer I-20 or quit my job in December and get back to school in January semester. As far as I know we usually have 60 days of grace period after the OPT expires to make a decision. I am not sure if I should apply for Summer term or for January term. To be very honest I want to work until February or as much as I can because I will go for a Masters program and need money for that. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance.