Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: passport for social security

Hi there,
    I am an asylum seeker, i have got my work permit but don't have my pasport with me so could not get social security my passport is with the immigration so plaease advice if there is any way to get my passport for the social security purpose.
    Thanks for any help or idea.
    right now i am in michigan.

Hi there,
    I am an asylum seeker, i have got my work permit but don't have my pasport with me so could not get social security my passport is with the immigration so plaease advice if there is any way to get my passport for the social security purpose.
    right now i am in michigan.

Hi Himalaya,

Welcome to the ILW.

I'm sure the other senior members can share their opinions with you - do check in every now and then.
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

If you have an EAD, that is enough identification for Social Security. You don't need a passport.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by himalaya:
    Hi there,
    right now i am in michigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why is your passport with immigration?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Immigration usually seizes one's passport the moment one has a problem with them. The same thing happened to my boyfriend and now he cant get his passport back even after wining his case, and his embassy wont issue another passport to him unless he presents the old one or provides a police report for lost passport. Does anyone one know if there is a statute of limitation for filing a police report for an item that got lost over 7 years ago?

ANY USCIS ISSUED DOCUMENT THAT SHOWS YOUR IMMIGRATION STATUS AND VALIDATES THAT YOU ARE LEGAL SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR THEM ..IT WAS FOR MY CASE AND I GOT REPLACEMENT SSN NO PROBS I.E IN 10 BUSINESS DAYS OR LESS GIVE THEM THE DOCUMENT THAT SHOWS THIS WORK PERMIT NO THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMIN HAS A DIRECT LINK TO IMMI THEY WILL RUN THE NO THROUGH AND VALIDATE IT TAKES 1 MIN AND YOU GOOD TO GO...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by himalaya:
    Hi there,
    right now i am in michigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

WELL GET THE PASSPORT BACK IF HE WAS PROVEN INNOCENT I DONT SEE WHAY THEY SHOULD HAVE HIS PASSPORT ARE YOU TELLING ALL THE DETAILS.. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarahcox:
    Immigration usually seizes one's passport the moment one has a problem with them. The same thing happened to my boyfriend and now he cant get his passport back even after wining his case, and his embassy wont issue another passport to him unless he presents the old one or provides a police report for lost passport. Does anyone one know if there is a statute of limitation for filing a police report for an item that got lost over 7 years ago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

USCIS and ICE only hold your passport if you are in removal proceedings.

Do i lOoK LiKe i gIvE A ****?
    Everything comes in circles ....... The old wheel turns, and the same spoke comes up. It's all been done before, and will be again.