free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: EAD renewal

Hi everybody!

I want to renew my EAD. It's due on July 15,2004.
    What should I do in order to get it renewed? Should I go in person to the local INS office or should I mail it to them? How much is the renewal fee?
    Thanks for your help.

Hi everybody!

I want to renew my EAD. It's due on July 15,2004.
    What should I do in order to get it renewed? Should I go in person to the local INS office or should I mail it to them? How much is the renewal fee?
    Thanks for your help.

for your work authorization? Why do you need it renewed? Are you still wainting on adjustment? Ususally if you are still waiting on an adjustment uyou can go into your local office and they will restamp your passport. You have to go in within 14 days of the stamp expiring.

How about if I don't have a stamp in my passport, just an EAD? It's valid until 3/17/05. I applied for AOS in December 2003. I'll need to apply for a renewal EAD again, right? By submitting the form again, waiting, etc ?

I cannot just go in to the local INS office and ask them to renew on the spot after it expires, am I right?

Originally posted by vierce:
    How about if I don't have a stamp in my passport, just an EAD? It's valid until 3/17/05. I applied for AOS in December 2003. I'll need to apply for a renewal EAD again, right? By submitting the form again, waiting, etc ?

I cannot just go in to the local INS office and ask them to renew on the spot after it expires, am I right?

Vierce:

We're in the same boat. My case is still pending.I don't have a stamp on my passport yet.
    If I did, I woulnd't worry about getting my EAD renewed, so that I will have some a document to prove my legal status.
    All I want to know about right now is the procedure I should follow to have my EAD(work authorization) renewed.

Can anybody help me on that?

As far as I know, you have to submit I-765 again with the same supporting documentation as you did the first time. The only difference is that you will check "renewal EAD" rather than initial. Make sure you submit it about 3 months before your current one expires. I had bad experience with the folks from INS (then) who approved it within 40 days but then took about 4 months to arrive in my mailbox. So good luck!

My hubbys expires in October, we just mailed the renewal along with the pictures and the copy of the old one along with the new fee of $190. Then he will have to take off AGAIN from work and travel the 4 and a half hours to get it. So it ends up costing around $400 for a renewal, we've done this twice alreay and are on our third time.

Originally posted by Trojan Horse:
    As far as I know, you have to submit I-765 again with the same supporting documentation as you did the first time. The only difference is that you will check "renewal EAD" rather than initial. Make sure you submit it about 3 months before your current one expires. I had bad experience with the folks from INS (then) who approved it within 40 days but then took about 4 months to arrive in my mailbox. So good luck!
    Hi Trojan Horse:

That's also my concern: the time INS takes to process any document.
    I haven't submited my EAD renewal yet because I still hope and pray that INS will approve my GC whithin the six months after the interview.
    Right now, I'm no longer much optimistic, since on june 5th, six months will have gone since the interview and so far they haven't sent any notifications, not even an answer to my inquiry.
    One month ago, during a personal inquiry at the local LA office, the only answer I got was that my case was still pending.
    In other words, the only document that shows my legal status is my EAD. It seems that there will be no other choices besides having my EAD renewed if I'm to have a document to prove my legal status in the country.

Thanks for your feedback.