50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: LC through RIR

I would appreciate if somebody explains me what happens with the file for LC under RIR (just before March 28). And why my lawyer advises me to wait with the PERM for a few moths? I filed for EB3 category in New York. Is there any estimate how long does it take to get LC in this case? And - what confuses me the most - what does the retrogression for EB3 means and how it may affect me? Thanks.

I would appreciate if somebody explains me what happens with the file for LC under RIR (just before March 28). And why my lawyer advises me to wait with the PERM for a few moths? I filed for EB3 category in New York. Is there any estimate how long does it take to get LC in this case? And - what confuses me the most - what does the retrogression for EB3 means and how it may affect me? Thanks.

Probably because LC process via RIR can take forever to complete. PERM is designed to allow the Labor Dept to grant your LC within 90 days. Whether thats true or not, we'll just have to see. Also, Labor Dept has started transferring cases to Backlog Processing Center, so there should be improvement on the wait time of existing cases.

Retrogession for EB3 means if you come from or born in China, India or Philipines, and you have passed the LC stage and are filing for AOS (I-485), your application will not be processed until the Priority Date passed those in your LC. In your case, you'll have until the Priority Date for the EB3 category, passed March 28, 2005 (or whatever priority date the Labor Dept put their stamps on).

Does this mean that if I am not from these countries retrogression for EB3 doesn`t efects me? How long does the LC through RIR takes right now? Thanks.

Yes, the retrogession won't affect you, at least not yet (there's been rumour about further retrogression)...
    As for RIR time length, every state is different. The labor dept used to have processing dates listed on their website, but now they've replaced it with this:
    http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/...sp#whichcenter

Looks like they're sending everything to the Backlog Processing Centers. Maybe, they can begin re-publishing processing dates once the transition period has been completed.