50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I am concerned for my friend!!!!

I have a very good friend that is American and she got married to a man in a middle eastern country. She came home and is waiting for her "husband" to join her her in the US. I guess I'm concerned becasue I don't know anything about this guy and he is of a different religion than she is and it just seems like he has really changed her. I am afraid that he is only using her to get into the country, but I cannot share my concerns with her because she would become very defensive. I'm just curious, but how long does it take for someone's visa to be approved? They just got married last month and she seems to think he will be here very soon. How long does this take?? I'm sorry if I sound judgemental, I am just very concerned for my friend......

I have a very good friend that is American and she got married to a man in a middle eastern country. She came home and is waiting for her "husband" to join her her in the US. I guess I'm concerned becasue I don't know anything about this guy and he is of a different religion than she is and it just seems like he has really changed her. I am afraid that he is only using her to get into the country, but I cannot share my concerns with her because she would become very defensive. I'm just curious, but how long does it take for someone's visa to be approved? They just got married last month and she seems to think he will be here very soon. How long does this take?? I'm sorry if I sound judgemental, I am just very concerned for my friend......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamiesGirl:
    I have a very good friend that is American and she got married to a man in a middle eastern country. She came home and is waiting for her "husband" to join her her in the US. I guess I'm concerned becasue I don't know anything about this guy and he is of a different religion than she is and it just seems like he has really changed her. I am afraid that he is only using her to get into the country, but I cannot share my concerns with her because she would become very defensive. I'm just curious, but how long does it take for someone's visa to be approved? They just got married last month and she seems to think he will be here very soon. How long does this take?? I'm sorry if I sound judgemental, I am just very concerned for my friend...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

more Than likely, He is possibly married to several already? and your new friend will be covering her face soon. Let Me Guess? this friend is very influential and submissive type???

As far as the VISA? Many middle eastern country's have an EXTENDED wait Time.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

ALL Muslims are terrorists; why did she betray her country and marry one of those filthy disgusting savages? Where is your concern for this country??? Your friend deserves what she will get; but hundreds or thousands of innocent Americans are going to suffer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamiesGirl:
    I have a very good friend that is American and she got married to a man in a middle eastern country. She came home and is waiting for her "husband" to join her her in the US. I guess I'm concerned becasue I don't know anything about this guy and he is of a different religion than she is and it just seems like he has really changed her. I am afraid that he is only using her to get into the country, but I cannot share my concerns with her because she would become very defensive. I'm just curious, but how long does it take for someone's visa to be approved? They just got married last month and she seems to think he will be here very soon. How long does this take?? I'm sorry if I sound judgemental, I am just very concerned for my friend...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi JamiesGirl,

When did she file the paperwork for his visa? I think it will take at least a year to process. Don't be afraid to discuss this with her. Try to take an approach that won't put her on the defense. She'll probably appreciate your honesty and concern.

Thanks so much Proud.
    I am afraid to turn her away with my questions because she is really into this guy. I thought it took alot longer than a month or two! I think this guy is trying to pull something over on her. Can you give me more specifics about the timeframe? You said a year???

I'm not exactly sure when she filed the paperwork (or what paperwork she filed either!) but I think it was pretty recently, like a few months ago.

I'm not exactly sure on the timeframe for the marriage visa, but my brother-in-law did the fiance visa and it took a year. I understand you don't want to cause any hard feelings with her, but maybe you could start off the conversation in a positive manner so she won't feel put off? Maybe talk about how they met, what they have in common - just general stuff first. That might lead to more conversation.

Oh my gosh, this is really scary.
    She already married this guy!! It just doesn't sound right to me and I really care for my friend but she is so defensive over this relationship it's really hard to talk to her about it at all. She has her head in the clouds about him. I think he may have another wife there.

If you know his name, there are ways to find out if he has another wife. Can you get this information from her?