free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 1-751 Long time overdue

Hi Everyone,

I was reading most of the posts this morning and I'm so glad to know there's alot of sensible people here who can actually help and answer lots of immigration issues. Mine is a little different from most of the topics. I came here in United States with 10 Yrs. visitor's visa. Before I came here, I was communicating with this fine guy over the internet and we were friends for a couple of years. When I came over, I stayed with my friends and relatives. I notified this guy that I'm already in the U.S. and he requested to see me before I went back to my country. To make the long story short, we met, fell inlove, got married. We submitted our I-751 in 2003, received a notice in 2004 that we still lack some more evidence, etc. They're asking for my husband to include me in the land title, mortgages, etc. Well, we didn't do that. My husband was divorced and his properties were already assigned to my 2 stepkids when they reach the right age. And I don't have a problem with that. My husband wrote them a letter and explained this. We didn't get any notice for another couple of years. We called up our Congressman and asked for their help. We found out that my name was in security check and they're waiting for some clearance, etc. So we waited.... Two weeks ago, our Congressman's office called and we were told we have a schedule for interview next week. Now, my question is: We know some I-751 applicants and they got their approval right away without interviews. How come it took so long for them to decide and clear my security name? What's usually the things they'll ask in the interview? What proof are they going to need from us? We don't have anything to hide 'cause we've been married for almost 7 years now. We're still inlove :-) We're actually thinking of getting married again 'cause when we got married, it was so simple and had our reception in small bar in town - ;-) I actually didn't realize how long we waited for the Immigration to send us a notice. What do we need to do during this interview? Are they going to ask more paperworks from us again?

Thank's so much in advance!
    You are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God.

Hi Everyone,

I was reading most of the posts this morning and I'm so glad to know there's alot of sensible people here who can actually help and answer lots of immigration issues. Mine is a little different from most of the topics. I came here in United States with 10 Yrs. visitor's visa. Before I came here, I was communicating with this fine guy over the internet and we were friends for a couple of years. When I came over, I stayed with my friends and relatives. I notified this guy that I'm already in the U.S. and he requested to see me before I went back to my country. To make the long story short, we met, fell inlove, got married. We submitted our I-751 in 2003, received a notice in 2004 that we still lack some more evidence, etc. They're asking for my husband to include me in the land title, mortgages, etc. Well, we didn't do that. My husband was divorced and his properties were already assigned to my 2 stepkids when they reach the right age. And I don't have a problem with that. My husband wrote them a letter and explained this. We didn't get any notice for another couple of years. We called up our Congressman and asked for their help. We found out that my name was in security check and they're waiting for some clearance, etc. So we waited.... Two weeks ago, our Congressman's office called and we were told we have a schedule for interview next week. Now, my question is: We know some I-751 applicants and they got their approval right away without interviews. How come it took so long for them to decide and clear my security name? What's usually the things they'll ask in the interview? What proof are they going to need from us? We don't have anything to hide 'cause we've been married for almost 7 years now. We're still inlove :-) We're actually thinking of getting married again 'cause when we got married, it was so simple and had our reception in small bar in town - ;-) I actually didn't realize how long we waited for the Immigration to send us a notice. What do we need to do during this interview? Are they going to ask more paperworks from us again?

Thank's so much in advance!
    You are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God.

go and be yourself... with 7 years of marriage, you'll do fine regardless what USCIS asks.

FBI does the "name check" and that may take time for various reasons. I suspect that you are called for the interview because of the time that has passed since you submitted the last evidence. (Imagine that you divorced 2 years ago, and USCIS now approves your jointly filed I-751.)

Take the originals of the documents submitted as well as some more recent.

Hello Isabelle,
    Yes, some people get the approval by mail ( my case) and those people usually submit enough evidence that they have a valid marriage so the officer who looks at the application has no reason to call for an interview. From what I've heard, sometimes they pick some applications randomly even with tons of evidence.

Regarding the security check, some people wait for long time, I have a friend who waited for over 4 years to receive his green card after his interview.

When you go to the interview, all you need to do is to take enough evidence that shows your legitimate marriage, you need to convince the officer that your marriage is real and that's it. You will be surprised how easy it is, officers at the USCIS are normal, friendly, and very down to earth people and their job is to help you and follow the law, I've heard a lot about mean officers only on the internet, in my real life, I've never heard someone complaining about bad treatment.

Good luck

There is some suspicion on uscis part because of the properties.

another reason for interview, is 2nd marriage. it appears this is second marriage for him. can be criteria for picking out for interview.

In any way, you have long been eligible to apply for citizenship. applying for citizenship back then would have forced uscis to have adjudicated your 751.

they will ask you questions about your life together, they may seperate you.. if they do seperate you, that will confirm that they are suspicious about your marriage.

just take the originals of what you sent
    for the 751 docs. pictures anything showing joint life.

Best wishes. and congrats for still being in
    love

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    There is some suspicion on uscis part because of the properties.

another reason for interview, is 2nd marriage. it appears this is second marriage for him. can be criteria for picking out for interview.

In any way, you have long been eligible to apply for citizenship. applying for citizenship back then would have forced uscis to have adjudicated your 751.

they will ask you questions about your life together, they may seperate you.. if they do seperate you, that will confirm that they are suspicious about your marriage.

just take the originals of what you sent
    for the 751 docs. pictures anything showing joint life.

Best wishes. and congrats for still being in
    love </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know why 4wow is always on the negative side! I've never heard of any couple interviewed separately except on some online forums where some people try to be so creative.. although it could be part of the interview process and that is stated on the interview letter, I would not worry about that unless you have done something wrong and suspicious, or maybe if you are weird person and you know it lol Good luck