50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Immigtaion Bill is passed..........

Senate passed the Immigration Bill. Good luck folks. But don't know how many people will be benefitted though.

People who falls 2-5 years category does not have any waiver of 212(a)(6)(c). Which will really eliminate millions of people.

---zozo

Senate passed the Immigration Bill. Good luck folks. But don't know how many people will be benefitted though.

People who falls 2-5 years category does not have any waiver of 212(a)(6)(c). Which will really eliminate millions of people.

---zozo

212(a)(6)(c).
    SEC. 212. DETERRING ALIENS ORDERED REMOVED FROM REMAINING IN THE UNITED STATES UNLAWFULLY.
    is that what you talking about, ZOZO??

I have a question... I have been here "legally" since August 2000 and i am currently on OPT. I have read the bill and it talks about giving people here longer than 5 years green cards. Would that include people like me or is it strictly illegals...?(I also know the H1-B cap has been increased)

Someone, anyone please respond. Hopefully mpodcsin, you seem to know a lot about the bill.

anyone please respond. Hopefully mpodcsin, you seem to know a lot about the bill.
    I read some parts of the bill, and followed Senate debates. As far as I know you have to be in the country illegally to qualify for 'earned citizenship':
    A) APPLICATION- The alien shall file an application establishing eligibility for adjustment of status and pay the fine required under subsection (m) and any additional amounts owed under that subsection.

`(B) CONTINUOUS PHYSICAL PRESENCE-

`(i) IN GENERAL- The alien shall establish that the alien--

`(I) was physically present in the United States on or before the date that is 5 years before April 5 , 2006;

`(II) was not legally present in the United States on April 5 , 2006, under any classification set forth in section 101(a)(15); and

`(III) did not depart from the United States during the 5 -year period ending on April 5 , 2006, except for brief, casual, and innocent departures.

`(ii) LEGALLY PRESENT- For purposes of this subparagraph, an alien who has violated any conditions of his or her visa shall be considered not to be legally present in the United States.
    One senator tried to pass an amendment and let legal immigrants be eligible for this 'amnesty', but he did not succeed.
    However, the bill did not pass the Congress yet, so there might be a lot of changes.

212(a)(6)(c).
    I was talking about misrepresentation and immigration fraud which is INA 212(a)(6)(c)
    Including people who claim as false US citizen at the border.

Bill passed in senate excludes people who are under INA 212(a)(6)(c)

--zozo

ZOZO-
    Where did you get this information?

So i re-read the bill again mpod and it states this:

`(A) APPLICATION- The alien shall file an application establishing eligibility for adjustment of status and pay the fine required under subsection (m) and any additional amounts owed under that subsection.

`(B) CONTINUOUS PHYSICAL PRESENCE-

`(i) IN GENERAL- The alien shall establish that the alien--

`(I) was physically present in the United States on or before the date that is 5 years before April 5, 2006;

`(II) was not legally present in the United States on April 5, 2006, under any classification set forth in section 101(a)(15); and

`(III) did not depart from the United States during the 5-year period ending on April 5, 2006, except for brief, casual, and innocent departures.

`(ii) LEGALLY PRESENT- For purposes of this subparagraph, an alien who has violated any conditions of his or her visa shall be considered not to be legally present in the United States.

The legally present part states that any violation of your visa status shall be considered not to be legally present. That is all i need then :-)... Ignorance is not bliss