50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To marry or not to marry

My fiancee was turned away at the airport with an expedited removal about five years ago, and then EWI'd about four years ago from Brazil. We want to get married, but also want to do whatever is most likely to ease her AOS under the reform bill if it ever gets passed. I have read 2611 so many times I have it pretty much memorized, and if we assume that the new bill will be based in large part on 2611, then is there any advantage that anyone sees to getting married before the new bill is passed versus waiting. I know there can be no assurances of anything, but we have to make some assumptions and get on with our life.

Thank you so much.

My fiancee was turned away at the airport with an expedited removal about five years ago, and then EWI'd about four years ago from Brazil. We want to get married, but also want to do whatever is most likely to ease her AOS under the reform bill if it ever gets passed. I have read 2611 so many times I have it pretty much memorized, and if we assume that the new bill will be based in large part on 2611, then is there any advantage that anyone sees to getting married before the new bill is passed versus waiting. I know there can be no assurances of anything, but we have to make some assumptions and get on with our life.

Thank you so much.

Hi Magic and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I highly doubt there will be any immigration reform passed this year. The economy is foremost in everyone's mind and there are many who are opposed due to less jobs being available and such.

Her multiple EWIs are the problem. You should discuss this with a good immigration attorney. They should be able to tell you where you stand during a brief consultation. Good luck!

Hi Proud

We know our situation is messy and the lawyers all say the same thing...wait it out to see what happens. I agree there is virtually no chance of a new bill this year, but really am wondering if anyone sees an advantage or disadvantage to being married prior to the new bill whenever it shows up. In reading 2611, I interpret it as there being a modest advantage to being married before it was passed, but would really appreciate anyone else's opinion who has studied it.

Marriage advantage???
    To be??? or not to be???
    A little head, is better than a big head... Ache!!! Accept a "little head" anytime you can get it!!! No Strings!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

I've heard that brain transplants will be avaailble under the Obama health care plan...maybe davdah and MakeIt should get on the waiting list early...should have known that this wasn't the place for a serious question after reading several of the threads. Bye everyone...what a waste of time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magic:
    I've heard that brain transplants will be avaailble under the Obama health care plan...maybe davdah and MakeIt should get on the waiting list early...should have known that this wasn't the place for a serious question after reading several of the threads. Bye everyone...what a waste of time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!
    We give good advices and then he ridicules us !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magic:

Thank you so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Magic,

Why was she turned away?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    I've heard that brain transplants will be avaailble under the Obama health care plan...maybe davdah and MakeIt should get on the waiting list early...should have known that this wasn't the place for a serious question after reading several of the threads. Bye everyone...what a waste of time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reality is, there isn't any assitance to be rendered due to the nature of the offense. She's already been deported and EWI again. Even if there is an amnesty program passed it is very unlikely the permissive level will extend to the more serious offenders.

Seems to me someone wants to come here hell or high water. Maybe the intended purpose of the marriage should be subjected to more scrutiny. My response, still way off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, turning away is not deportation. If she's never entered the country, it can't be ruled a deportation. We need to know why she was turned away.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

With an Expidited Removal he has a 3, 5, or ten year bar. No chance of adjusting. If you do file to adjust, he will be arrested at the first appointment. You can file, but you cannot win. And, since it was an ER, then there is no hearing before a judge. ICE will just remove him again as it is the same as reinstating an order of removal from an IJ.