publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N-400 processing times, are they correct?

Hello,
    I did some queries to look for an answer to my question but no such luck. I hope somebody here can give me some type of advise or info.
    I filed my N-400 in CA, priority date is April 11, 06. I was FP in May 06. Submitted a change of address, AR-11 and called in Dec 06 after moving to NY, which was confirmed by a letter from immigration. Now online it states that they are working on cases with dates in June. I have not heard a thing! So I called them again, the lady submitted a query and that is it. Worst of all, the lady at the call center didn't even have processing times! How is that possible if it is made available to the public? How long should I wait, or should I write them? Or is this simply normal?
    Any advise would be greatly appreciate it.

Hello,
    I did some queries to look for an answer to my question but no such luck. I hope somebody here can give me some type of advise or info.
    I filed my N-400 in CA, priority date is April 11, 06. I was FP in May 06. Submitted a change of address, AR-11 and called in Dec 06 after moving to NY, which was confirmed by a letter from immigration. Now online it states that they are working on cases with dates in June. I have not heard a thing! So I called them again, the lady submitted a query and that is it. Worst of all, the lady at the call center didn't even have processing times! How is that possible if it is made available to the public? How long should I wait, or should I write them? Or is this simply normal?
    Any advise would be greatly appreciate it.

Try sending a formal letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein with specific circumstances surrounding your N-400 application. She has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Fresno. Mark my word, you won't be disappointed.

thank you for the info. Should I write to here eventhough we live in NY now?

That's why you have to specify the circumstances, like why you filed it in California... why you are in New York now, but that you don't totally cut off your California ties, so probably she can count on your vote in the future, who knows, hehe, etc., etc.. Believe me, this is a better shot; done it many times. Negative or positive, you'll get a response in at least 30 days.

USCIS 1-800 number? what 45 minutes, one hour, two hours before you got a live response and if you do so, the person is as confused as you, if not more? and it's your lucky day if s/he isn't short-tempered.

thank you so much, I shall give it a try. I did call the 1800 numbers, and they did put in an inquiry due to abnormal processing time and told me to call back if I don't hear anything withing 45 days. This is just insane to me. We moved due to my husband being military, you would think they manage to keep up with the case. I will write Sen. Feinstein tomorrow. Thanks again.