50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: important question

My question is about a divorce settlement with my husbad we have not been married for long, no children or property shared as of yet we both understand that we rushed into things fast and we have both decided to end the marriage as a result of irreconciable differences. I am a us citizen and my husband is a foreigner who came to the country legally as a f-1 i understand there are procedures that have to be followed inorder for him to adjust status fortunately he had not filled this forms both of us are in unison of ending the marriage my only concern was about how much time its going to take to get the divorce and approximately how much it would cost because i would have to cater for the fee as my husband has not been working any ans appcrt.

My question is about a divorce settlement with my husbad we have not been married for long, no children or property shared as of yet we both understand that we rushed into things fast and we have both decided to end the marriage as a result of irreconciable differences. I am a us citizen and my husband is a foreigner who came to the country legally as a f-1 i understand there are procedures that have to be followed inorder for him to adjust status fortunately he had not filled this forms both of us are in unison of ending the marriage my only concern was about how much time its going to take to get the divorce and approximately how much it would cost because i would have to cater for the fee as my husband has not been working any ans appcrt.

Have you filed any paperwork for his adjustment of status? This will make a difference, please let us know what forms you have filed (if any) and what your husband is planning to do ie: stay in this county, go back to his home county, etc...

If your ex-husband hasn't filed any adjustment of status(AOS)/I485 form, then there's nothing you need to do. He just won't be able to do the AOS process.

Thanks for the reply. My husband had not filed for any papers with immigration he's a student attending school has a year to graduate he wants to go back to his country once he's done with school. We haven't started the divorce paper work yet though. Just of how it would be and how much the process takes is my concern for now lest he goes back to his country without the divorce thats what im worried about.