50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjustment of Status Denied: Please HELP!!

Hi, thanks in advance for all responses. I really need advise. My best friend was just denied Adjustment of status on the basis that he has left the country while in proceedings (he did obtain an Advanced Parole document with which he traveled abroad and returned with no problem). In the letter it says that he has 30 days to appeal the decision in Immigration Court... He went to a lawyer that wants $20,000... His family is crused... Any advise is APPRECIATED....

Hi, thanks in advance for all responses. I really need advise. My best friend was just denied Adjustment of status on the basis that he has left the country while in proceedings (he did obtain an Advanced Parole document with which he traveled abroad and returned with no problem). In the letter it says that he has 30 days to appeal the decision in Immigration Court... He went to a lawyer that wants $20,000... His family is crused... Any advise is APPRECIATED....

Hi Digital and welcome,

How long was your friend out of the country??

WOW!!! $20,000 pretty cheap!!! what a bargain!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

$20,000 sounds pretty steep to me!!!!! Ugh. So glad I was born here - lol!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    $20,000 sounds pretty steep to me!!!!! Ugh. So glad I was born here - lol!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Your friend could always ask this guy for sponsorship through marriage???

http://www.break.com/index/loo...or-a-girlfriend.html

What goes AROUND COMES AROUND!!! LOL!!!

Hi Proud, thanks. My friend was out of the country for 2 weeks to visit his family... He had the advanced parole and all was well, he was let back in the country no problem...

I don't see 2 weeks out of the country with advanced parole being a problem, Digital. Are you sure that's the reason for his denial? Sounds odd and $20,000 for an attorney is outrageous. Has he been arrested or anything?

The thing about advanced parole is that is permission to apply to be re-paroled upon application for admission at a port of entry.

It does NOT guarentee re-parole. However, in your case, if he was re-paroled and there was no other trip not covered by the advanced parole, then you don't need a $20k attorney to solve that.

However, I am thinking that he had a one-time advanced parole and used it a second time or the advanced parole had expired and CBP had not realized it.

Otherwise, I think your "friend" has other issues with her application.