free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A progressive America!

I like what's happening in New Jersey. I hope that it trickles down to other states and restores the trust in Government.

http://www.joncorzine09.com/ma...mlID=12856&s=corzine
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I like what's happening in New Jersey. I hope that it trickles down to other states and restores the trust in Government.

http://www.joncorzine09.com/ma...mlID=12856&s=corzine
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

That is rich coming from the most corrupt governor in America. Hired his girlfriend who is a union official as a state worker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    That is rich coming from the most corrupt governor in America. Hired his girlfriend who is a union official as a state worker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know that, but I think as long as she is not doing anything illegal, that ought be alright. In fact, I bet she wouldn't dare doing anything knowing that all eyes are upon her.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

http://www.joncorzine09.com/ma...mlID=12856&s=corzine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Koller, New Jersey has a long history of corruption. In fact it is known as the "Corruption State".

Corruption: A Time-Honored New Jersey Tradition

The Garden State has been a fertile ground for pols on the take

By GABE PRESSMAN

Updated 10:36 AM EDT, Fri, Jul 24, 2009

The godfather, er forefather, of New Jersey's long line of scoundrels.

The trail of corruption in New Jersey goes back to Aaron Burr, described as the original rogue of American politics. He was indicted for murder and treason in a conspiracy to capitalize on a possible war with Spain.

In a tragic moment in U.S. history, in 1804, Burr challenged Alexander Hamilton, one of the founding fathers, to a duel. Burr killed him on a cliff overlooking the Hudson in Weehawken, New Jersey. Later, Burr tried to create a separate western empire with himself as ruler. He was a wily man but a traitor.

If you look back at the history of the Garden State, it has been fertile ground for office holders on the take -- and political bosses not shy about putting their hands in the till.

The Hall of Fame -- or, rather, Hall of Shame -- includes mayors and legislators who robbed the people long before the 44 mayors, assemblymen, rabbis and dozens of others who have just been arrested for corruption and international money laundering.

Back in the first half of the last century, perhaps the most notorious political figure was Mayor Frank "I Am the Law" Hague of Jersey City. On a meager $7,500-a-year salary he was able to control a powerful political machine that forced municipal employees to kick back 3 percent of their salaries . He became a very wealthy man and, when people tried to inquire into the sources of his income, he would tell them to back off and growl: "I am the law!" No grand jury ever dared to take him on -- and he ruled for 30 years

more history here and more graft here

I had an opportunity to get lost in NewArk one day. I could not understand the why the town appeared as it did until I looked up the history. This is what graft does. Newark is the poster child.

this story certainly did not surprise me, and it will continue on and on . Tradition

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I had an opportunity to get lost in NewArk one day. I could not understand the why the town appeared as it did until I looked up the history. This is what graft does. Newark is the poster child.

this story certainly did not surprise me, and it will continue on and on . Tradition </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I had an opportunity to get lost in NewArk one day. I could not understand the why the town appeared as it did until I looked up the history. This is what graft does. Newark is the poster child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;&gt;this story certainly did not surprise me, and it will continue on and on . Tradition&lt;&lt;

OK, I didn't know all that...glad I do now. However what does the corruption history of New Jersey have to do with Newark's layout and you getting lost in it (if that is what you are referring to).

Koller

Sorry but I used the wrong words, I meant to say I had the misfortune of getting lost and ending up in Newark and then getting lost in Newark. Yikes.. I saw streets and streets of empty manufacturing and what appeared to once have been really nice houses. Ghost towns!! and then I became alarmed because it was obvious that I should not have been in that part of town and there were no policeman either. thanks god I was able to get out of there. I was so curious as to what could have happened to the city, and that this was here in america, and how could this happen here.

I found out that many factors took the city there including a race riot in the 1960 that further destroyed it . governments that followed were all corrupt and the city has never recovered. that is the short of it.

google newark if you are interested. the city looked appalling. This is the face of a lot more cities in america to come if we do not get jobs back and a standard of living back.

<span class="ev_code_RED">This sums up Newark:</span>
    In American Pastoral, the 1997 novel by Newark-born author Philip Roth, the protagonist Swede Levov says:

“ Newark used to be the city where they manufactured everything, now it's the car theft capital of the world ... there was a factory where somebody was making something on every side street. Now there's a liquor store on every street — a liquor store, a pizza stand, and a seedy storefront church. Everything else is in ruins or boarded up. "

WOW! I've been to Newark and I know there are parts that are really look scary. The town center however looks pretty good and much like any other city.

But that's not the only city that looks like that once you leave town center. There is Philly for example that's just about the same, or if you go to Brooklyn. Once you pass Washington Heights right after Brooklyn Bridge, there is a stetch that I call Bad Lands.

Trenton - Capital of New Jersey. As soon as you leave down town, still city limits.....Baaaaad Lands! It's a shame if you ask me. And, once you're through these areas, it opens up and you have middle-upscale neighborhoods all around.

I like NJ, I always did. I live near Washington's Crossing at the Delaware very nice and very historical.

I've just spent the past week in Newark (again!) Yuk! What a dump. The locals call it Sewark because of the sewage works LOL.

Davdah, fancy sitting on the ramp waiting to taxi for 40-90 mins every day?! That's what you'll get in EWR (Newark). Not much better going back in. Ground stops are common up to the NY area.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    I've just spent the past week in Newark (again!) Yuk! What a dump. The locals call it Sewark because of the sewage works LOL.

Davdah, fancy sitting on the ramp waiting to taxi for 40-90 mins every day?! That's what you'll get in EWR (Newark). Not much better going back in. Ground stops are common up to the NY area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He, he...that's funny. Ironically, the locals pronounce Newark (Nork). If you now go ahead and look up Nork, you'll find it is a slang word for Norico, a gun manufacturer. Although I doubt Newark locals would know about that irony - I do, and lastly that's all that matters.