50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: need suggestions & insight

i got married to a permanent resident 8 years back and came to US 4 years back( 2002) on V-1 visa. we have a son who is 6 years old.some how my wife never was interested in me getting my green card. i worked and supported the family while she stayed at home but last month i come to know that she has withdrawn my application and they ( we live with my inlaws)kicked me out of the house. my work permit got expired in april and now i am out of the house without work permit and no money and no place to stay and my application is withdrawn. some close friends who knows me and my situation has suggested me to file under battered spouse as all these years i was used for their favor and never let me progress proffesional. i revolted against it and went ahead and took one of the exams that will give an advantage over my wife proffessionally. the thing is i havent shared any of this to any legal personals but to my friends and common relatives. i dont have any other evidence of abuse that i can provide. so how do you furnish evidence of abuse when no one wants to support you other the story i have to say. she has kept all the documents and i dont have her A number nor my marriage certificate. can any one help me with procedure of how to file as a battered spouse. the thing is i am very much attached to my son and she doesnt want to give me divorse but just want me to go back to india( where i am actually from) please any help concerning this will be really appreciated. thanks

i got married to a permanent resident 8 years back and came to US 4 years back( 2002) on V-1 visa. we have a son who is 6 years old.some how my wife never was interested in me getting my green card. i worked and supported the family while she stayed at home but last month i come to know that she has withdrawn my application and they ( we live with my inlaws)kicked me out of the house. my work permit got expired in april and now i am out of the house without work permit and no money and no place to stay and my application is withdrawn. some close friends who knows me and my situation has suggested me to file under battered spouse as all these years i was used for their favor and never let me progress proffesional. i revolted against it and went ahead and took one of the exams that will give an advantage over my wife proffessionally. the thing is i havent shared any of this to any legal personals but to my friends and common relatives. i dont have any other evidence of abuse that i can provide. so how do you furnish evidence of abuse when no one wants to support you other the story i have to say. she has kept all the documents and i dont have her A number nor my marriage certificate. can any one help me with procedure of how to file as a battered spouse. the thing is i am very much attached to my son and she doesnt want to give me divorse but just want me to go back to india( where i am actually from) please any help concerning this will be really appreciated. thanks

Your wife staying home rather than working is not abuse, and the withdrawal of her petition for you is not abuse, either.

Perhaps withholding your personal documents could be considered along the lines of abuse, but if that's all that's going on, you probably have an extremely weak case.
    Have a nice day

I don't know that I completely agree that it isn't abuse. I take it the application withdrawn is for adjustment of status, which leaves him without permission to work. If she has no interest in divorcing, I would think to hamper his chances of remaining in the country is abuse. They have a child together from this marriage. Did the wife offer a reason why she doesn't wish to sponsor anymore?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.