50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: wife or fiance?

I'm a naturalized US citizen and thinking of getting married in Bangladesh. In order to apply for a life partner, I hear contrasting information: some say the wait is shorter if I apply for her as a fiance, some say, it's better to apply as wife. Any ideas? What are the estimated waiting periods for each, if anyone knows? Thanks a lot. FT

I'm a naturalized US citizen and thinking of getting married in Bangladesh. In order to apply for a life partner, I hear contrasting information: some say the wait is shorter if I apply for her as a fiance, some say, it's better to apply as wife. Any ideas? What are the estimated waiting periods for each, if anyone knows? Thanks a lot. FT

, first u file the i-129f application After getting the fiancé visa, your fiancé enters the U.S. through a U.S immigration port-of-entry. The U.S. immigration official gives your fiancé instructions on what to do when he/she enters the United States. You must get married within 90 days of your fiancé(e)'s entry into the United States.

After marriage, your spouse must file Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live in the United States. You must fill out the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with the USCIS for your spouse's application to become a lawful permanent resident

well lately it's taking anywere between 5-6 months at the uscis ..and then (for k-1) i will say the nvc will take 4-5 weeks , which is alot faster than processing the i-130(for spouse) , it's better in a way and not in another way,,it's better bcoz the process goes faster once it gets to the nvc..but then when she entere the u.s u will have to file the i-485(adjustment of status) and that could take up to one year ,and plus it coast ($1,010) ,,but if u guys get married and u file the i-130 ..the i-130 coast($355) and she wont have to adjust her status ..once the i-130 gets prooved and she recieved her (cr-1) visa ,,she will enter the u.s as a (PR) ,and she will recieve her 2 years green card within 3-4 weeks in mail ... without filing anything else, she will later(i-751) to remove the condetion but thats too early to talk about now .

you get advice from the correct person MIKE