free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: After my citizenship's Interview

Dear Sammy!

My husband and I applied for citizenship in February 2005. We put all the required documents in separated envelops included our signed pictures ... and checks. We had our fingers printed in April of 2005. Then on December 21st, we had our interview at the Garden City office of naturalization in long Island New York by the same officer. I was first, my husband next. Every thing went well, except the officer told me that pictures were missing from my file, she also said the same thing about my husband. I want to mention that we had send application in two different envelops; one for me and one for him I don't understand how pictures went missing.

So the officer told me I had passed the interview, she gave me the confirmation letter (on which the little box where it is said "there is no need to wait for the missing document to send the letter out" was checked) and she asked me to send her other pictures of me. She also said that we will receive a letter in the mail. She did the same thing with my husband and he was supposed to mail her his pictures and copies of his preview divorce statement (which he had with him during the interview and she would not take it from him at that time).

We mailed the documents at her attention by recommended mail to 711 Steward Avenue on December. In January we received the green slip from the post office proving that the mail had been discharged by a clerk. We wait for the judgment letter until February and nothing was coming. We then decided to call the officer; she was very rude, she hang up the phone on me, asking me to call her only on Monday (the only day she doesn't interview). The next Monday it had snowed in New York and she wasn't in her office. The following was president day and her office was closed. We were finally able to talk to her on Monday 28th.

At first, she didn't recognized ever interviewed me because another officer's name was in the computer, then she told me that my file had been transferred to Garden City Federal Plaza and she would not give me the name of the officer in charge of it, neither would she tell me if she received the pictures or not. She just assumed that if I send the pictures then they are there. She acted like it was not a big deal and that everything was going to be ok when I know that my life is on hold because I am waiting for my naturalization. She also said the same thing to my husband and now we don't know what to do, we don't trust her and I am afraid the 120 days will pass by and nothing good will come up.

I hope you could help me,

Thank You

Dear Sammy!

My husband and I applied for citizenship in February 2005. We put all the required documents in separated envelops included our signed pictures ... and checks. We had our fingers printed in April of 2005. Then on December 21st, we had our interview at the Garden City office of naturalization in long Island New York by the same officer. I was first, my husband next. Every thing went well, except the officer told me that pictures were missing from my file, she also said the same thing about my husband. I want to mention that we had send application in two different envelops; one for me and one for him I don't understand how pictures went missing.

So the officer told me I had passed the interview, she gave me the confirmation letter (on which the little box where it is said "there is no need to wait for the missing document to send the letter out" was checked) and she asked me to send her other pictures of me. She also said that we will receive a letter in the mail. She did the same thing with my husband and he was supposed to mail her his pictures and copies of his preview divorce statement (which he had with him during the interview and she would not take it from him at that time).

We mailed the documents at her attention by recommended mail to 711 Steward Avenue on December. In January we received the green slip from the post office proving that the mail had been discharged by a clerk. We wait for the judgment letter until February and nothing was coming. We then decided to call the officer; she was very rude, she hang up the phone on me, asking me to call her only on Monday (the only day she doesn't interview). The next Monday it had snowed in New York and she wasn't in her office. The following was president day and her office was closed. We were finally able to talk to her on Monday 28th.

At first, she didn't recognized ever interviewed me because another officer's name was in the computer, then she told me that my file had been transferred to Garden City Federal Plaza and she would not give me the name of the officer in charge of it, neither would she tell me if she received the pictures or not. She just assumed that if I send the pictures then they are there. She acted like it was not a big deal and that everything was going to be ok when I know that my life is on hold because I am waiting for my naturalization. She also said the same thing to my husband and now we don't know what to do, we don't trust her and I am afraid the 120 days will pass by and nothing good will come up.

I hope you could help me,

Thank You
    Jeana