free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: consult or not to consult?

I'm a non US Citizen married to a US Citizen. He hired an immigration lawyer to handle my GC and change of citizenship. I never talked to the lawyer but now I need to because I am concerned that my husband might involved with using drugs and I need to know what options do I have incase he got caught or I caught him myself.

Do you think I can trust the lawyer that he will not talk to my husband about me? because the lawyer represents me but hubby is the one who pays him?

So, any suggestion friends?

I'm a non US Citizen married to a US Citizen. He hired an immigration lawyer to handle my GC and change of citizenship. I never talked to the lawyer but now I need to because I am concerned that my husband might involved with using drugs and I need to know what options do I have incase he got caught or I caught him myself.

Do you think I can trust the lawyer that he will not talk to my husband about me? because the lawyer represents me but hubby is the one who pays him?

So, any suggestion friends?

OKay, first thing, has there been any paperwork filed for you at this point? If so what has been filed and when...this will let me know yoour status. Second, why do you think your husband might be involved with drugs, etc? What are the grounds for these suspiscions? Please answer the questions, however keep in mind that if yu have no paperwork filed and are out of status per se and get caught in some type of drug raid then many problems can arise. Therefor if you feel that you are in dnager of being caught with a drug runner, I would speak to an attorney (different one than filed) and see what your options are. Please answer this post and good luck.

Thanks ardainia. I came here with K3 Visa, the lawyer took care of that. Rigt now we have submitted I-765 and I-485. I have received my Work Authorization Card and I am in the process of waiting for GC interview.

My concerns about the drugs is because I have some evidences that he denied and said they're not his.. but his friends.

If anything comes up wrong, I don't want to be left with no options. Do you think it's okay if I talk with the lawyer he hired? or should I talk to others?

Hehehehehehehe

The most hillarious spouse I ever heard of !

Well, if you care about law then go report him!
    If not, then you are criminal.

Do you need anymore advice?

E.

I am not suprised that you came up with that advice E, considered you are dumb enough to have 9 children from 7 different women and see that as your contribution to mankind. You only wish to marry one who'll grant you the fastest way for GC and refuse to pay child supports for some of the 'contribution' you made... talk about law there huh?

I want to talk to a lawyer to know my rights and the options I have if he ever gets arrested or something bad comes in between our marriage.

If you can contribute a good advice then better stay off this one because so far I haven't seen any useful contribution comes from you but one for the already overpopulated world.

Hi ms_araminta,

As I understand you still didn't go through your GC interview...That's the biggest and very important step here... You should try to work on this relationship and make it through that interview... Once you are done with this and granted conditional green card ( if ur marriage is less than 2 yrs at time of interview ) there are lots of options for I 751... I don't know if he gets caught before your interview ... but I believe that's not your fault and they will consider this ... try to ask mohan / sammy / bronzelady / old man ... they might give more info on this one... Good luck... Pasha

What kind of drugs are we talking about? My advice will depend on that answer...

If we are talking about Pot and/or alcohol which I loop into the same category - then I would simply ride it out. get through your interview, then start collecting evidence. You can file an I-751 waiver after the fact based on his drug abuse if it spills over into your relationship (ie: he gets busted, or theives money, etc...) Just be sure to get documentation (read up on I-751 waivers). Perhaps your interview will happen more than 2 yrs after your marriage date and you will be outside the I-751 process altogehter...

If it is coke, heroin, meth, etc, etc... Be very careful and be sure what you are dealing with. Your life is not worth US immigration! People addicted to these types of drugs can become very dangerous and may hurt a lot of people just to feed their habit... If that is the case, you really need to be CAREFUL!

Good luck and I am sorry about your situation. Drug abuse, when hidden, creates lies and distrust. A very shakey foundation for a marriage to be sure...

ARQU

Thanks Pasha and ARQU. Your advice is very helpful.

I am quite positive that husband is using weed, and yes, I am playing along with it. Trying to keep calm, cool and collected while at the same time trying to collect evidence. But I do hope that once I got the evidence that he will stop denying it and tell me the truth, maybe we can work it over again. It's been bad since he lies about the drug and money as well.

I am not into drugs and he is well aware about it. He used to be pothead in college and he stopped long time ago (that's what he told me). We have 3-strikes law here, and this is his last chance, that's why I am so concern about it.

oh please ! ARQU believes in full disclosure with regard to drug abuse "only when hidden"... blah blah blabbity blah ... The guy smokes pot, come off your high horse, you know you are just looking for an excuse to leave him once you get the greencard. I know you have known about him smoking pot, but mysteriously take issue with it now its time to close the deal. The lot of you make me sick. Your immigration lawyer is for immigration OK dearheart? You want your greencard, then deal with it. If you are so concerned about him smoking pot, run down to the police station & report him, but then how can you close the greencard deal?