free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a pain

so i went to my appointment with costum today. i should have filed for the i 751 3 years ago but i wasnt in the country anymore and had wrong informations. so the very nice lady at costum said i could still file late, but i need to explain to them y i am filing now. i dont think that having the wrong information will cut it. but my husband was stationed overseas so if i include copy of his orders that should help me out on the part. i have 30 days to file for that form. the truth is that i have been separated from my husband over a year now. WE R NOT DIVORCED YET. the reason i moved back to the states is because i am with some one else.
    and befor people get all worked up and think i did it for the green card then i must say... NO. i love germany and i would love to live there but the man i love is a usc and its easier for me to move here then him move to germany. also he is waiting to get accepted on his dream job. love is about compromises, right? he doesnt even speak german and i know from my spelling u wonder if my english is any better then his german. with that said.

the customs lady said i COULD NOT file the i751, cause i am not divorced. i posted that question befor and i was told i could. so what now. my husband said he would sign it so i could file with him together. but we r not together anymore and i am scared that that will get me in trouble. also i am not sure if i can provide evidence of our relationship. other then the kids....

any advice would be great. thanks

so i went to my appointment with costum today. i should have filed for the i 751 3 years ago but i wasnt in the country anymore and had wrong informations. so the very nice lady at costum said i could still file late, but i need to explain to them y i am filing now. i dont think that having the wrong information will cut it. but my husband was stationed overseas so if i include copy of his orders that should help me out on the part. i have 30 days to file for that form. the truth is that i have been separated from my husband over a year now. WE R NOT DIVORCED YET. the reason i moved back to the states is because i am with some one else.
    and befor people get all worked up and think i did it for the green card then i must say... NO. i love germany and i would love to live there but the man i love is a usc and its easier for me to move here then him move to germany. also he is waiting to get accepted on his dream job. love is about compromises, right? he doesnt even speak german and i know from my spelling u wonder if my english is any better then his german. with that said.

the customs lady said i COULD NOT file the i751, cause i am not divorced. i posted that question befor and i was told i could. so what now. my husband said he would sign it so i could file with him together. but we r not together anymore and i am scared that that will get me in trouble. also i am not sure if i can provide evidence of our relationship. other then the kids....

any advice would be great. thanks

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but does this mean that he's waiting for his dream job in Germany? I'm assuming that's what this means:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also he is waiting to get accepted on his dream job. he doesnt even speak german and i know from my spelling u wonder if my english is any better then his german </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, your English doesn't seem as bad here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dmartmar what is ur problem? all i read from u r insults and putting people down. do u need to do this? does that make u feel better about urself.

if u dont have any advice or want to help then do us all a favour and "shut up".

do u think u r better then others because u r an american? thank good not everybody in this country is like that.

i will pray that u will overcome ur bitterness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nor here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i read some more of ur comments and u r not as bad as i thought, just harsch at times. i do have to say that u seam very smart. might need ur help after my appointment.

u guys enjoy ur day. its beautifull here in florida. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...befor people get all worked up and think i did it for the green card then i must say... NO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then this fits in where:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i should have filed for the i 751 3 years ago but i wasnt in the country anymore and had wrong informations. so the very nice lady at costum said i could still file late, but i need to explain to them y i am filing now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the truth is that i have been separated from my husband over a year now. WE R NOT DIVORCED YET. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my husband said he would sign it so i could file with him together. but we r not together anymore and i am scared that that will get me in trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would tell me your current husband is not aware of:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i am with some one else, the man i love </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no he is not. he is waiting on his dream job here in florida. LOL and my husband is aware of my new boyfriend. we have been separated for over a year. he also has a new relationship. if u wonder y we r still married. well its simple we have to be separated 1 year befor we can get a divorce under the german law. now that i moved to the usa it will take up to 1 year for it to be final.
    i am not sure where u r going with all that stuff. i got married for the right reason. it didnt work out. u know sh*t happens. one woman wasnt enough for him. so after a lot of bs and trying we called it quits after 3 years of marriage. he has his life and i have mine.
    i was only in the country for 10 month because my husband changed his MOS and we got send to good old germany after that.like i said things didnt work out so we split up. i stayed 1 year alone in germany. met the man of my dreams. well it so happened that i fell in love with an other american. since i had a visa i tried to find out what to do since it was expired. so the embassy gave me a letter of transportation and i moved to the states to be with my boyfriend. so nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i have to file for a i751. the problem is that i am not divorced, so i have to file it with my husband. RIGHT?????
    if u have any other questions about my relationship, feel free to ask. i just want to know what to do here.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately, you can't say one thing when it's really another. Right?

If your husband agrees to go ahead and still help you with the I-751 anyway, he is then lying b/c the only way you can go about it is by saying: "we're not separated and as such, we're not going through divorce proceedings."

But then again, not filing the I-751 three years ago basically deems you abandoned it, which means it can't be all of a sudden "refiled" or "renewed" again. You're going to have to explain why you waited so long.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:
    I completely understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately, you can't say one thing when it's really another. Right?

If your husband agrees to go ahead and still help you with the I-751 anyway, he is then lying b/c the only way you can go about it is by saying: "we're not separated and as such, we're not going through divorce proceedings."

But then again, not filing the I-751 three years ago basically deems you abandoned it, which means it can't be all of a sudden "refiled" or "renewed" again. You're going to have to explain why you waited so long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true. Seasquirl, if your husband agrees to jointly file the petition you can. If you divorce before the joint petition is adjudicated, you will be required to withdraw it and replace it with a waiver filing on the basis of a bona fide marriage that ended in divorce, along with all evidence you can compile.

In the event that your husband refuses to jointly file, you will have to await receipt of a final divorce decree before filing the waiver. Of course if your conditional green card is expired, you will be out of status and subject to removal until either a joint I751 or the waiver I751 is filed. Out of status means you would have to cease working and remain in the US until a decision on your case is made.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry i didnt write at clear for everbody to understand.

thank u snappyconifer. i am worried about the evidence though. we havent been togther in a long time and basicly i have to proof that we have a happy marriage.
    costums said they will give me 30 days to file and if i cannot file. i will have to go back to germany til i am divorced.
    do u think it would be smart to cantact a lawyer? i am not made out of money and i rather not but i also dont want to make a mistake.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seasquirl:
    thank u snappyconifer. i am worried about the evidence though. we havent been togther in a long time and basicly i have to proof that we have a happy marriage.
    costums said they will give me 30 days to file and if i cannot file. i will have to go back to germany til i am divorced.
    do u think it would be smart to cantact a lawyer? i am not made out of money and i rather not but i also dont want to make a mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't your new fiance be paying for all of this though? Or so I would think.

Your safest way is use of an atty.

when i said me i meant us. he works 70h a week and dont believe that a security officer gets paid a whole lot. all i am getting is child support. back in germany i got support through the goverment. germany is a bit more social. so that just proof again that i didnt come here to have a better life or i am being with someone for money. our life is really hard but what keeps us going is that we have faith that everything will be alright. i dont want to loose the one shot i have. so thank u guys for ur help. if anyone knows a good lawyer in south florida plz let me know.