50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: i'm so lonesome that i could cry...and i do everyday

i applied for I-687 but i haven't heard anything to this day...i had my fingerprints taken last year...i had my interview this past summer...i was reading krishna's posting...i'm in the same boat as him...i haven't been home to india for 25 years now...my parents are aging...i hope i hear something soon...it's thanksgiving and i'm all by my lonesome...i'm not looking forward to the holidays because i would be all by my lonesome...i pray to God everyday hoping that He would help me out of my predicament...i have nobody to blame because i inflicted this situation upon myself...please pray for me that i would be a legalized resident soon...sanjay

i applied for I-687 but i haven't heard anything to this day...i had my fingerprints taken last year...i had my interview this past summer...i was reading krishna's posting...i'm in the same boat as him...i haven't been home to india for 25 years now...my parents are aging...i hope i hear something soon...it's thanksgiving and i'm all by my lonesome...i'm not looking forward to the holidays because i would be all by my lonesome...i pray to God everyday hoping that He would help me out of my predicament...i have nobody to blame because i inflicted this situation upon myself...please pray for me that i would be a legalized resident soon...sanjay

Like I mentioned before my family have yet to see any our families for the past 16 years. There is a time when you have to decide whats more important, American or family in India. If you have been here for 25 years and have $$$ saved up then move to India and live like a millioniar, and enjoy with your family. The reason we are still here is the fact that I am 23 and my sister is 19, and we have a future to secure. I dont know your age, but if you are old then retire in India, if you are young then india has good opportunities to be successful. However, if you entered legally and have proof, I am very optimistic that the goverment is going to reform immigration to make US a home for people like US. Why dont you try to bring your parents here?

Antivirus
    If you dont check immigration-law.com , you must read this !!!
    11/24/2005: Summary and Full Text of "DREAM" Act of 2005

Full Text
    Summary: This bill includes residency tuition eligibility, cancellation or waiver of removal (deportation), and grant of a permanent resident status. However, we will skip the tuition residency provision and focus on the eligibility of the defined youngster illegal aliens for the permanent resident status.
    Threshold Requirements:
    At the time of initial entry into the U.S., the alien must not have reached 16 years of age. Accordingly, those who entered the country after 16th birthday will not be qualified for green card benefit under this bill.
    At the time of the enactment of this legislation (date of the President's signature), the alien shoud have been "physically" present for a continuous period of not less than 5 years. Accordingly, those who stayed for a period of less than 5 years at the time this bill is signed into the law will not be eligible for the green card under this legislation. The following overseas trips would not break the continous physical presence requirement:
    Departed from the U.S. for one trip for less than 90 days; or
    Departed from the U.S. for more than one trip but for less than 180 dates in aggregate; or
    Even if departed more than 90 days or 180 days in aggregate, if the alien could not return to the U.S. due to exception circumstances for one of the following reasons, such trip would not break the continuous physical presence:
    Due to his/her own serious illness; or
    Due to death or serious illnes of a parent, grandparent, sibling, or a child
    Overseas uniformed services would not break the continuous physical presence.
    Notice to Appear served on the alien for removal proceeding would not break the continuous physical presence.
    At the time of application, the alien:
    Admitted to Institution of Higher Education; or
    Earned a high school diploma; or
    obtained a general education development certificate.
    At the time of submission of the application, the alien must meet "good moral character" requirement. Good moral character is broader than any involvement with the criminal activities or other deportability in the immigration statutes.
    If the alien is either inadmissible or deportable for one of the following provisions, the alien is not eligible:
    Failure to attend removal (deportation) proceeding;
    Smuggler of illegal aliens;
    Attended public schools after certain date and subject to 5 year bar from admission to the U.S. because of such violation once the alien departs from the U.S.;
    Subject to a final order for violation of Section 274C of the immigration statute (document fraud) after reaching 16 years of age;
    Committed fraud or willful misrepresentation to seek a visa or admission, or other documents, including false claim of U.S. citizenship after reaching 16 years of age.
    Not under a "final" administrative or judicial order of exclusion, deportation or removal order after reaching 16 years of age. Accordingly, those who remain in exclusion/deportation/exclusion proceedings or an appeal of the exclusion or deportation order is pending will still be eligible even if such order was handed down after reaching 16 years of age.
    Immigration Benefits for the Aliens Who Meet the Foregoing Requirements:
    Cancellation of removal (deportation) or waiver of removability for humanitarian concerns and family unity.
    Conditional Permanent Resident for 6 Years. The conditional status removable through the removal petitions just like marriage cases and investor immigration proceedings on a different proceeding.
    Eligible for a U.S. citizenship after 5 years in conditional resident status, but unless the condition has been been removed, the alien will not be eligible for the citizenship.
    Effective Date: The satisfaction of the foregoing eligibility will be determined on the date of enactment of this legislation unless otherwise provided.
    USCIS Implementation Timefrme:
    Once this legislation is enacted by the signature of the President, the USCIS is required to publish a proposed regulation to implement this law within 180 days. However, unlike other proposed regulation, this proposed regulation will be considered an "interim" regulation which will take effect immediately upon publication of the proposed regulation in the federal register. Accordingly, the eligible aliens will be able to apply for the permanent resident status at least 180 days after the enactment of this legislation.
    Within reasonable after publishing the proposed regulation, the USCIS is required to publish either an Interim or Final regulation.
    Once the alien attains the conditional permanent resident status under the foregoing rules, he/she will have to file a petition to remove the conditions within certain period before reading 6 years in a conditional resident status. We will summarize this part of the legislative bill later as they are not revelant at this time. Please stay tuned.

Wise men say only fools rush in,
    But I can't help falling in love with you
    Shall I stay?
    Would it be a sin
    If I can't help falling in love with you?
    As a river flows
    Gently to the sea
    Darling so it goes
    Some things are meant to be
    Take my hand
    Take my whole life too,
    For I can't help falling in love with you.
    As a river flows
    Gently to the sea
    Darling, so it goes
    Some things are meant to be
    Take my hand
    Take my whole life too,
    For I can't help falling in love with you.

JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT I-687 STAND FOR

Application for Status as a Temporary Resident Under Section 245A of the INA.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.