50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please Help, I'm Confused Here

Are waivers I601 and I212 the only type of waivers available? My husband and I have a lawyer, my husband's the USC, I resided in the States nearly 30 yrs. – illegally – since I was 20-months-old. My husband's and my lawyer has already informed us that there are no waivers available for my four drug usage charges but he still insists that there's a possibility we can beat our case based solely on my husband's US citizenship. Is that right? I thought "no waivers available" meant "the end of the line" from posts I've been reading on immigration sites like this one. Which is why I'm wondering if there are other waivers available besides the only two I know of - I601 and I212 - that will permit me access into the US.

I'm confused.

My husband is a 69y.o., upstanding member of society and productive US-born citizen of Irish descent who also served in the military. My husband and our lawyer get along well, our lawyer's been practicing immigration and criminal law for 30 yrs. and his office is a penthouse in Center City with pictures of himself and politicians together on the walls. This is my case:

Warning to Alien Ordered Removed or Deported:

In accordance with the provisions of section 212(a)(9) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (Act), you are prohibited from entering, attempting to enter, or being in the United States at any time because you have been found inadmissible or excludable under section 212 of the Act, or deportable under section 241 or 237 of the Act, and ordered deported or removed from the United States, and you have been convicted or a crime designated as an aggravated felony.

I have no experience in these matters and I'm not a US citizen. I don't know what to believe.

Any input is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Are waivers I601 and I212 the only type of waivers available? My husband and I have a lawyer, my husband's the USC, I resided in the States nearly 30 yrs. – illegally – since I was 20-months-old. My husband's and my lawyer has already informed us that there are no waivers available for my four drug usage charges but he still insists that there's a possibility we can beat our case based solely on my husband's US citizenship. Is that right? I thought "no waivers available" meant "the end of the line" from posts I've been reading on immigration sites like this one. Which is why I'm wondering if there are other waivers available besides the only two I know of - I601 and I212 - that will permit me access into the US.

I'm confused.

My husband is a 69y.o., upstanding member of society and productive US-born citizen of Irish descent who also served in the military. My husband and our lawyer get along well, our lawyer's been practicing immigration and criminal law for 30 yrs. and his office is a penthouse in Center City with pictures of himself and politicians together on the walls. This is my case:

Warning to Alien Ordered Removed or Deported:

In accordance with the provisions of section 212(a)(9) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (Act), you are prohibited from entering, attempting to enter, or being in the United States at any time because you have been found inadmissible or excludable under section 212 of the Act, or deportable under section 241 or 237 of the Act, and ordered deported or removed from the United States, and you have been convicted or a crime designated as an aggravated felony.

I have no experience in these matters and I'm not a US citizen. I don't know what to believe.

Any input is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

..our lawyer's been practicing immigration and criminal law for 30 yrs...
    And you are asking board members to advise you what to do?

Please, board members advise me on wether I should believe our lawyer or not.

It doesn't make any sense that I should wait until I'm denied a visa to file a waiver when there aren't any waivers available for my charges. What waiver is our lawyer referring to?! His paralegal has even started preparing both of our statements - my husband's and mine.

But our lawyer is proceeding with the application anyway and all the while he's assuring my husband that I'll be able to adjust my status based solely on his , my husband's, citizenship. Is it possible for immigration to be that sensitive to a person's needs? I want my husband to be happy, my happiness depends on his . I love him and couldn't stand to see him hurt over this whole matter. I want to save him as much grief as possible.

Is our lawyer making any sense? My husband is so hopeful .

Michael
    fill out the forms and pay the fees; thats all you need to do;
    4 drug charges; unbelievable

There are laws, and you , quite frankly, violated some serious ones (not simply overstaying your visa to stick to your husband).

While waivers , in theory , exist for almost any kind of violation, in reality I wouldn't expect much under your circumstances.

IE

Someone12
    you cannot apply for a waiver until you apply for a visa...and your lawyer is just ripping you off....which is normal for immigration attorneys...greed is their middle name.
    Also,we don't want to import nor keep druggies or drug dealers in America...we have enough of our own without "outsourcing" them. Bye bye.

Antifascist1 I never had a visa, my mother snuck me into the US when I was 20-months-old and didn't tell me I was an illegal alien until I was 16 yrs. old and began seriously considering college.

Needless to say I lost hope, dropped out, later got my G.E.D. and developed a drug habit after I realized I could be deported at anytime.

I got as far as acquiring a working card and social security number but was denied the green card when my mother didn't make enough money to meet the sponsorship requirements.

I then met my husband in the midst of this and he decided to save me .

se_vnt3: you have a right to ask your lawyer all the questions you want including what is his plan. You may ask him to explain that in details (so you can research it).

With the drug related charges, deportation order and EWI (entered without inspection), your case is realy complicated.