publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Does anyone knows what is Good faith marriage waiver?

I went to Court yesterday and ther Judge ask someone to file for good faith marriage waiver and he will approve it. I want to know if anyone heard about that. did any form has to file?

MY CASE .. I had case previously that was terminated by the Joint motion. and Judge send me to regular proceedings. My file is lost in Immigration. ( long story) . Medical was done additrional paper was asked on interview, all submitted. but two years no decision. finally came to know the citizen wife had an affair when I was under immigration hold. once I came to know , Argument started and I file for seperation. Us sitizen wife pissed and withdrawn petition( approved I 130)..
    Immigration officer denied 485 because its withdrawn..
    I filed WAVA.. still pending with Immigration , I received letter that they are looking for file and due to that it will be delayed.. I know file is missing.. so I am back in immigration court. Judge gave me another date and said if your wife didnot withdraw n petition then he will adjust me and he clearly stated that I don't have to be living with wife.
    there are two I 130 file on my case. Divorce is still pending in court since yr 2008. I don't know what will be outcome of WAVA. I also have I130 file by USCIS brother too.
    anyone can put some light on my case?

I went to Court yesterday and ther Judge ask someone to file for good faith marriage waiver and he will approve it. I want to know if anyone heard about that. did any form has to file?

MY CASE .. I had case previously that was terminated by the Joint motion. and Judge send me to regular proceedings. My file is lost in Immigration. ( long story) . Medical was done additrional paper was asked on interview, all submitted. but two years no decision. finally came to know the citizen wife had an affair when I was under immigration hold. once I came to know , Argument started and I file for seperation. Us sitizen wife pissed and withdrawn petition( approved I 130)..
    Immigration officer denied 485 because its withdrawn..
    I filed WAVA.. still pending with Immigration , I received letter that they are looking for file and due to that it will be delayed.. I know file is missing.. so I am back in immigration court. Judge gave me another date and said if your wife didnot withdraw n petition then he will adjust me and he clearly stated that I don't have to be living with wife.
    there are two I 130 file on my case. Divorce is still pending in court since yr 2008. I don't know what will be outcome of WAVA. I also have I130 file by USCIS brother too.
    anyone can put some light on my case?

Hi Pascal,

Your divorce will need to be finalized before you can file the I-751 waiver that you married in good faith. Have you consulted with a good immigration attorney? It might be a good idea since your situation seems a bit complicated (with the files being misplaced and all).

Good luck.

So you mean good faith waiver is for conditional GC.. right?
    I am not GC holder yet. my case is different. I had I 130 approved since 1999. second as file in yr 2002 also . now USCIS claims that it was withdrawn so I 485 was denied and I was put back in removal proceeding.

Pascal,

It would be helpful if you posted a timeline of events.