Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pending GC in NYC

Hi all,

i received an interview letter for GC in NYC (married to USC) but im now in Florida. I haven't filed the AR-11 yet. What is the next thing for me to do? If i file AR-11 now, what is going to happen with the scheduled interview at NYC, or, can i show up in the interview and tell the immigration officer that i moved to Florida or, i will pretend that i'm still in NYC. Please help anyone. I waited 3 years for this. Our marriage is genuine -- we moved out of NYC because of job opportunities. Thanks for the advice.

Hi all,

i received an interview letter for GC in NYC (married to USC) but im now in Florida. I haven't filed the AR-11 yet. What is the next thing for me to do? If i file AR-11 now, what is going to happen with the scheduled interview at NYC, or, can i show up in the interview and tell the immigration officer that i moved to Florida or, i will pretend that i'm still in NYC. Please help anyone. I waited 3 years for this. Our marriage is genuine -- we moved out of NYC because of job opportunities. Thanks for the advice.

when you will have your interview? when did you file?

i filed in June 2002. My interview will be on May 15. please advice.

i'm not a lawyer but i think it's best that you take the interview in NY. If you have family lives at the old address, then you don't have to worry about lost mail...otherwise, you have to file ar-11

I got an Green Card interview in Baltimore back in July of 2001 but I moved to PA. At the time I thought that it would severely delay my case but I only had to wait an extra month. To be honest, I wouldn't take the risk of lying about your current address. File the Ar-11 and send a letter to the NYC office where your interview is scheduled and get them to transfer your file to Florida. Technically, all the background checks have been done and your GC application has been processed so all Florida will have to do is setup an interview date. You could always go down to your local office in florida and ask them if they have any cancellation dates..........you never know you might get lucky and get an earlier date

Yes, i have family in my old apartment so i have no problem getting my mail. Does the immigration officer ask you qiestions about your current employer, your residence and stuff like that? All our taxes were filed in NYC. Anyone has this experience? thanks

fine don't listen to me Paula!!!!!!! I had an easy green card interview but they did ask about my current address. They didn't ask about my current employer but do you want to risk lying?

Hey paddy,

thanks for the advice. We posted the same time so i did not see your response firsthand. But you're right ... that's what im gonna do. I was reading the requirements to bring and one of them is a letter from employer (for both of us) stating the salary, etc.

So. if i file AR-11 now how many months (in your case) did the transfer happen? Thanks again.

When you move, you MUST notify USCIS within 10 days. I believe it is better to do this as soon as possible because they consider this important.

In relation to where you live, they ALWAYS ask this question, I bet. In my AOS interview the officer wanted to know details about addresses and moving. Then, in my I-751 interview the first question I was asked was:"Where do you live?"

I have no idea how long it takes to transfer, but I think it is better to say that you moved.

Good luck.