50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DV 2005 results info

I found some interesting info on the web and would like to share it here coz I saw people ask about it.

Seems like DV results are released by region and that in March 2004, winners from Oceania were informed, as a departure from the past when winners from Africa were announced first. Results will be selected over a long period and not like all together which is important insight, and the period will continue until August 2004, so all is not lost for not yet receiving letters.

Read the link below and scroll down to where it says DV 2005 winners:
    http://www.nationalvisaservice.com/Portuguese/news.asp

I found some interesting info on the web and would like to share it here coz I saw people ask about it.

Seems like DV results are released by region and that in March 2004, winners from Oceania were informed, as a departure from the past when winners from Africa were announced first. Results will be selected over a long period and not like all together which is important insight, and the period will continue until August 2004, so all is not lost for not yet receiving letters.

Read the link below and scroll down to where it says DV 2005 winners:
    http://www.nationalvisaservice.com/Portuguese/news.asp

Thank you for the very valuable information. According to the info., the winners are informed their birth region, right? Do you mean that notification for some regions are already done, and not anymore? I am Japanese, and I heard that few Japanese were already notified. So, does it mean that I am a not winner this time?

The simple rule for this process is to just wait,coz theres nothing you can do,other than getting yourself anxious.

Remember even if you won those guys know you need enough time to do all there is to have got a visa in a year's time.

I know people who got letters earlier far far much earlier than others.

The time you should give up is if you have not heard from them by end of September because these letters are released in batches and you cant tell in which batch your letter is in, assuming you win.This article however indicates that mail is sent out by region.

Best thing is to just wait.

Thanks. Once more thing. Is what you mean by "by region" "by birth region or by sender's region"?

The DV program divides people of the world into REGIONS and they are:
    AFRICA
    ASIA
    EUROPE
    NORTH AMERICA
    OCEANIA and
    SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN

Read the following linkhttp://travel.state.gov/dv2005.html to get more info about the DV program:

fyi, you belong to the country you are a NATIVE of ie where you were born and where you are claiming to belong on the DV application.

This means you can be in the US physically but since say you were born in Australia, you would apply as Australian and your results if you won would come with all other people from OCEANIA.