Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waiting on I-765

Hi,

I just filled the whole 485 package. So the way I understand it, is that I have to wait to get a case file number back from them (what might take up to 4-5 months) and from that point I can get a temp. work permission after 3 months directly in the uscis offices.

So I wanted to know if it is possible that I do internships while waiting on the I-765? Or can I apply for an temp. work visa during a company while waiting on the I-765?

thank you

Hi,

I just filled the whole 485 package. So the way I understand it, is that I have to wait to get a case file number back from them (what might take up to 4-5 months) and from that point I can get a temp. work permission after 3 months directly in the uscis offices.

So I wanted to know if it is possible that I do internships while waiting on the I-765? Or can I apply for an temp. work visa during a company while waiting on the I-765?

thank you

Hi Deo...

Im ***ping your message up.
    for the senior member to see.

whoaaa i said b-u-m-p-i-n-g it up lol.

Anyways some members will surely give
    you an advice soon

thanks so much!
    and watch the language ;p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deo:
    Hi,

It's very important to know first what's the basis of your I-485/AOS application: family or employment and the specific categories.

No. Your best option is to just wait. The temporary work visa that you're contemplating is more difficult to get, more expensive, and more time consuming.

thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks!

so the 485 is filled due marriage. I came to NY on a J-1 met my wife we got married and finally got the approved waiver.
    After that we filled the 485/765/131/130 etc..

Is there any way I can work as an intern or better of course fulltime before I get the approval of the 765?

Internship or on-the-job training will do. Some people do it with deferred salary payment until the EAD issuance. In your current situation (being married to a USC and J-1 terms and conditions complied with), any period of unauthorized employment is being procedurally pardoned.

thank you so much,

I just want to make sure I understand it the right way. So If I apply for an internship and give them my SSN to get paid, that should not effect my immigration process? And even working fulltime on my current profession and the profession my J-1 was on (architect) might be pardoned?

Yes, it's generally forgiven and doesn't affect your immigration benefit application based on marriage to a USC (or, under normal circumstances, not becoming a ground for denial). But nobody can give you an absolute guarantee that the same thing will be true to you, because there's no strict uniformity of cases. I mean each case or situation is unique.