publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: CAN MY SPONSOR TRANSFER ME TO HIS OTHER BUSINESS?

hello.
    A businessman wants to sponsor me for PERM for his new company. He also has other ongoing businesses. The business he wants to use to sponsor me is his restaurant business since it is the most active and generates good income. But he has plan of selling this business in the near future. My question is since the company he will use to sponsor me will be sold, can PERM be transferred to his new company while the sponsorship is still in progress? He will still be the owner of the new business. Would it not start from the begining once transferred? Or is this considered as interrcompany transfer? Please advice me on what to tell him. Fortunately this sponsor is very willing to accomodate me since he knows he can use my skills to his new buisiness. Thanks.

hello.
    A businessman wants to sponsor me for PERM for his new company. He also has other ongoing businesses. The business he wants to use to sponsor me is his restaurant business since it is the most active and generates good income. But he has plan of selling this business in the near future. My question is since the company he will use to sponsor me will be sold, can PERM be transferred to his new company while the sponsorship is still in progress? He will still be the owner of the new business. Would it not start from the begining once transferred? Or is this considered as interrcompany transfer? Please advice me on what to tell him. Fortunately this sponsor is very willing to accomodate me since he knows he can use my skills to his new buisiness. Thanks.

My question really is LC sponsorship based on company's capability or the owners' financial capability? Hope someone can comment. I appreciate it. Thanks.

I have the same situation. Well, not really exactly the same but similar. Can a new company sponsor me ? The owners have other ongoing businesses. I hope someone can share something. thanks.

LC is issued to a company not the person. And yes he can transfer you to another bussiness only if you meet the requirement, your profession should be the same in his other business.
    There are many project who transfer H1B holders from one to another Projects.
    He cannot transfer Any H1B holder in different professions, Lets say you are programmer and Your employer has programming Contract , he cannot transfer you another bussiness with any other post then Programmer.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

If the business where you are transferred is not totally owned by the same person. Meaning he has partners, is that okay? Thanks,.

its called intra company transfer.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..