free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What to do?!?

Hello all:

Wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction! I am originally from Brazil, I entered the United States legally on a tourist visa in 1993, at that time I was 15 years old.My Mom had immigrated to this country a year before and ended up marrying an American citizen in 1996.My Mom got her Green Card in 1997 and then applied for our adjustment of status that me and my 2 brothers could have our Green Cards. My brothers received their Green Cards a few years ago, but I still dont have it. Anyways, my Mom became an American citizen a few years ago and somehow that was supposed to "speed up" the process.I did my fingerprints at the Phoenix office back in September 2003 and was given a work permit on that same day. I relocated to Minnesota in September of 2003, and went to my first interview in December of 2004. At the interview, I was EXTREMELY nervous and I was asked if I had ever used a "fake" Social Security, I told the officer that I did and told her that I never meant to "harm" anyone with that. I was so nervous!! Anyways, she asked me to resubmit some documents, including my biographaphical information form and she told me that as long as my "background check" came back OK, I should receive my Green Card. I resubmitted the information requested in February of 2005 certified mail and have receipt that it was received. Anyways, it has been seven months and I have not heard anything from Immigration, which really worries me! In addition, I applied for a renewal of work permit back in July, went to the St Paul office to do my "biometrics" and I still have not received my work permit in the mail. This situation drives me insane because I have no "status" and no work permit!! I have been losing sleep over this matter and I have never been so stress. I have no criminal background, the only "crime" I have ever commited was using a fake Social Security number for employment purposes while trying to "survive" What should I do??

Hello all:

Wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction! I am originally from Brazil, I entered the United States legally on a tourist visa in 1993, at that time I was 15 years old.My Mom had immigrated to this country a year before and ended up marrying an American citizen in 1996.My Mom got her Green Card in 1997 and then applied for our adjustment of status that me and my 2 brothers could have our Green Cards. My brothers received their Green Cards a few years ago, but I still dont have it. Anyways, my Mom became an American citizen a few years ago and somehow that was supposed to "speed up" the process.I did my fingerprints at the Phoenix office back in September 2003 and was given a work permit on that same day. I relocated to Minnesota in September of 2003, and went to my first interview in December of 2004. At the interview, I was EXTREMELY nervous and I was asked if I had ever used a "fake" Social Security, I told the officer that I did and told her that I never meant to "harm" anyone with that. I was so nervous!! Anyways, she asked me to resubmit some documents, including my biographaphical information form and she told me that as long as my "background check" came back OK, I should receive my Green Card. I resubmitted the information requested in February of 2005 certified mail and have receipt that it was received. Anyways, it has been seven months and I have not heard anything from Immigration, which really worries me! In addition, I applied for a renewal of work permit back in July, went to the St Paul office to do my "biometrics" and I still have not received my work permit in the mail. This situation drives me insane because I have no "status" and no work permit!! I have been losing sleep over this matter and I have never been so stress. I have no criminal background, the only "crime" I have ever commited was using a fake Social Security number for employment purposes while trying to "survive" What should I do??

Make an Infopass appointment through http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and inquire about your case.

what about making a visit to your local INS office?
    ask them what the dilio is! you should have all your alien numbers, right?

YEH what aibolit sed

Hello all:

I appreciate your responses! I am trying to see if I can schedule an appointment to go to the local INS office in two weeks. I still have not received my work permit but it seems like if it has been more than 90 days, I could get my work permit done "on the spot". As far as my Green Card, is it unusual to wait 7 months after going to an interview? If so, why would it take so long? I went to a local Immigration attorney a couple months ago and I had a terrible experience, he was rude, dishonest, and made me very "fearful" and paranoid.If anybody could recommend a good immigration attorney in the St Paul/Minneapolis area, I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance!!