Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration practice outside the US

Hello all,

I am an American and work for a law firm in Mexico. I studied law in the US and have worked for attorneys there and am enrolled in law school in Mexico and am bilingual. I'm receiving a steady stream of referrals of people with US immigration issues. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess the first step would be to ask what is the best way to get info on a person, all the info the government has for a non citizen so we can see what has happened?

Typical issues so far are parents deported with kids, people who got caught crossing and now want to reapply for a visa and others who feel they didn't get a fair shake and want their matter looked into. Does the immigration court have online access like PACER for the Federal Courts?

I've found FOIA information for USCIS but it seems a bit tougher for CBP, any sample forms for people's records who were crossing illegally or doing something not 100% correct?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I am an American and work for a law firm in Mexico. I studied law in the US and have worked for attorneys there and am enrolled in law school in Mexico and am bilingual. I'm receiving a steady stream of referrals of people with US immigration issues. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess the first step would be to ask what is the best way to get info on a person, all the info the government has for a non citizen so we can see what has happened?

Typical issues so far are parents deported with kids, people who got caught crossing and now want to reapply for a visa and others who feel they didn't get a fair shake and want their matter looked into. Does the immigration court have online access like PACER for the Federal Courts?

I've found FOIA information for USCIS but it seems a bit tougher for CBP, any sample forms for people's records who were crossing illegally or doing something not 100% correct?

Thanks in advance

Hi Intercasa and welcome to ILW.

I am afraid I can't help you but hopefully someone can, if not tonight, tomorrow.

Also, there is another board on here for lawyers only. Maybe a lawyer from your firm could post in that section and get some feedback for your questions ?

Hope you find your answers
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

How do I get access to the lawyer board? I've looked around but perhaps the powers that be will grant me access. 2 other attorneys in the firm speak decent English but I head up all things where excellent English is required or that involves the US or law there.

Thanks!

A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request is the best way. Hit up both ICE and CBP for their sets of records on a particular alien.

Someone12
    "people who get deported and feel they didn't get a fair shake??" WTF? We don't deport people for having overdue videos, you nitwit..and we don't need more ethically challenged slimebal.ls like you 'helping' visa cheats and border jumpers....'fair shake'...tell us, halfwit...is it 'fair' that American taxpayers shell out for these visa cheat/border jumpers' medical bills or pay for their brats education? If you answer 'yes'..then get out your checkbook and pay up...where is your patriotism? Why aren't you willing to help AMERICANS instead of dooshbags??????? Stay the eff in mexico...we don't need lowlifes like you anymore than we need more TV evangelists...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    "people who get deported and feel they didn't get a fair shake??" WTF? We don't deport people for having overdue videos, you nitwit..and we don't need more ethically challenged slimebal.ls like you 'helping' visa cheats and border jumpers....'fair shake'...tell us, halfwit...is it 'fair' that American taxpayers shell out for these visa cheat/border jumpers' medical bills or pay for their brats education? If you answer 'yes'..then get out your checkbook and pay up...where is your patriotism? Why aren't you willing to help AMERICANS instead of dooshbags??????? Stay the eff in mexico...we don't need lowlifes like you anymore than we need more TV evangelists... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, we get it. You hate Mexicans. Care to share where that came from? Did you marry one and it turned sour? You are consumed with bitterness and you should find a way to resolve it. Aint going to happen on this forum, btw.

Someone12
    married to a nice white girl....and I really don't care what country dirtbags come from...they should all be banned from entering MY country (unless, of course, you wish to hire them ahead of Americans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    married to a nice white girl....and I really don't care what country dirtbags come from...they should all be banned from entering MY country (unless, of course, you wish to hire them ahead of Americans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Americans think they are too good to work construction jobs anymore. Maybe with this bad economy, things will change.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    married to a nice white girl....and I really don't care what country dirtbags come from...they should all be banned from entering MY country (unless, of course, you wish to hire them ahead of Americans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Americans think they are too good to work construction jobs anymore. Maybe with this bad economy, things will change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Americans think they are too good to work construction jobs anymore."

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Is Way more Complicated than This!!! . Infection That has Lowered the Scale!!!

America Had a Scale, Standard of Living.
    Bring Mega swarm of those from other scales to work in America. Too many will lower thee American Scale/Standard. Competition That Infects and Destroys the Standard! Eventually Corrupting Checks and Balance Within America! Affects Everyone Eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y