50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Confused_Pls help

I applied for Citizenship in the state of Texas as a spouse of my USC wife.By this time I've my fingerprints and Interview taken. I'm just waiting for their decision.Now we are moving to Louisiana for family and job reasons.I made an infopass and talked to the attendent in Texas.He is saying there is a 3 months rule I need to be in the new state where I'm moving to and the new state may take my interview again.I'm totally confused with this.Could anybody pls hep me on this and relieved me of my worries? Thanks in advance.

I applied for Citizenship in the state of Texas as a spouse of my USC wife.By this time I've my fingerprints and Interview taken. I'm just waiting for their decision.Now we are moving to Louisiana for family and job reasons.I made an infopass and talked to the attendent in Texas.He is saying there is a 3 months rule I need to be in the new state where I'm moving to and the new state may take my interview again.I'm totally confused with this.Could anybody pls hep me on this and relieved me of my worries? Thanks in advance.

So you r talking about the residency rule for applying citizenship?If these two states are in the same service center (texas Service Center) the 3 months residency requirement may not apply.Have you ever lived in Lousiana before?May be some other expert member on this board will be able to help you.

you must file AR 11

to notify change of address

Thanks susie.

They are talking about 3 months residency requirement in the new state i'm moving to.I lived in Louisiana before for almost 3 years, then moved to texas .I filed for N-400 in Texas 8 months back and then again moving to Lousiana now.So should I wait 3 months in Lousiana again so I get qualify for naturalization in that state?