50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Extension of F-1 Question

I am currently on a F-1 with it expiring in May. I am currently a law school student and will be sitting for the bar exam in July. When I applied for my F-1, I forgot to take into consideration the fact that I would have to physically be in the United States to sit for the bar exam and that I would be taking Barbri classes upon graduation. My int'l student advisor has not been reachable. How do I extend my F-1 and can I do so under these circumstances.

I, however, married my boyfriend of 3 years last week--who happens to be a U.S. Citizen and is filing a I-130 petition for me. Do I need to file for the F-1 extension anyway while my adjustment of status application is pending? I realize that I will not receive an approval for the adjustment of status until AFTER my F-1 expires so I thought it'd be best if I maintain status by filing for an extension. What are your thoughts?

If my adjustment of status is filed and received by the USCIS by the end of this month. My visa expires at the end of May. Will I be "out of status" while my adjustment of status application is pending or am I ok from the time it is filed with USCIS?

I am currently on a F-1 with it expiring in May. I am currently a law school student and will be sitting for the bar exam in July. When I applied for my F-1, I forgot to take into consideration the fact that I would have to physically be in the United States to sit for the bar exam and that I would be taking Barbri classes upon graduation. My int'l student advisor has not been reachable. How do I extend my F-1 and can I do so under these circumstances.

I, however, married my boyfriend of 3 years last week--who happens to be a U.S. Citizen and is filing a I-130 petition for me. Do I need to file for the F-1 extension anyway while my adjustment of status application is pending? I realize that I will not receive an approval for the adjustment of status until AFTER my F-1 expires so I thought it'd be best if I maintain status by filing for an extension. What are your thoughts?

If my adjustment of status is filed and received by the USCIS by the end of this month. My visa expires at the end of May. Will I be "out of status" while my adjustment of status application is pending or am I ok from the time it is filed with USCIS?

Are you stupid from birth or do you take classes? or do you think our laws are stupid you can play with? Studying law eh??? like you can apply our legal system in the black hole where you came from, and explain the part where you say "you forgot...". Now that you are another illegal you conveniently married another American dumbass, ha ha ha, I wonder if the USCIS will believe all these lies and fabrications you *** hole.
    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by immigration law student:

If my adjustment of status is filed and received by the USCIS by the end of this month. My visa expires at the end of May. Will I be "out of status" while my adjustment of status application is pending or am I ok from the time it is filed with USCIS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As long as you are still in school while you file for AOS you are just fine. Good luck
    AOS from F1 "overstay" to
    Sept.2004 Got hitched
    10/03/06 AOS packet mailed
    10.09.06 recieved
    10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
    10.18.06 all Touched
    10.19.06 I 765 Touched and Medical mailed
    10.24.06 recieved biometrics letter
    10.26.06 I 130 touched

Thank you cheezy for your response. For any other legitimate international students that find themselves in the same predicament in the future--the international student's office on campus just told me that it's best to maintain status so that it's best to just extend the OPT in the interim. Since I still have 8 months left on the OPT, I've decided to apply for that while waiting for the approval of my I-130 and I-485.