publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: J-1 visa for au pair from Ukraine - how to avoid denial?

Hopefully someone here will be willing and able to help with this question.

I have been interviewing au pair candidates and found a Ukrainian woman who I believe would be a very good fit for my family. After discussing this with the au pair agency, I was told that it was very likely that she would be denied a visa, based on recent applicants they have had from this nation.

My guess is that this is due to insufficient ability to document ties to their home country.

Is there anything that can be done to satisfy the requirements of a nonimmigrant visa, or a way this should be approached that would have a greater probability of approval?

Thanks so much for any help that you can provide - I need assistance with child care urgently, and was very excited to have found someone who appeared to be such a good fit.

I have been interviewing au pair candidates and found a Ukrainian woman who I believe would be a very good fit for my family. After discussing this with the au pair agency, I was told that it was very likely that she would be denied a visa, based on recent applicants they have had from this nation.

My guess is that this is due to insufficient ability to document ties to their home country.

Is there anything that can be done to satisfy the requirements of a nonimmigrant visa, or a way this should be approached that would have a greater probability of approval?

Thanks so much for any help that you can provide - I need assistance with child care urgently, and was very excited to have found someone who appeared to be such a good fit.

Someone12
    so there are no nannys in the US???? In a country with 300,000,000 people???
    She will likely be denied because about .0004% of au pairs from the Ukraine return to their country when they are supposed to..and there is nothing you can do to change that fact. You cannot promise her compliance with our laws, you cannot 'guarantee' she will go back to the Ukraine, you cannot post a bond, etc, etc ,etc. It's still difficult to believe that there are no American nannys out there looking for work....so what is the REAL story?

Try a more recognized agency with young women from western Europe.

Sounds like this may be a lost cause... which is kind of what I suspected.

There are plenty of nannies in the U.S. - but I am looking for an au pair, not a nanny.

The au pair agency is well recognized as far as I am aware. All of the other local physicians I know of who have au pairs use this agency.

The agency in question has very few Ukrainian au pairs listed - and I guess the low probability of obtaining a visa may well explain this. I wish I had been aware before conducting interviews, and having the kids get to know the au pair, though.

It is a shame, as the woman seems to be very honest about her intentions and background. I liked her because, of those I interviewed, she seemed the least desperate to come and her answers were realistic, rather than simply painting the best possible picture.

Thanks for the feedback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WL:

Thanks so much for any help that you can provide - I need assistance with child care urgently, and was very excited to have found someone who appeared to be such a good fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    i do not know much about the au pair program and the responses you received are typical of this forum, but this forum might be able to help you.

Good luck.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Hi WL,

This might help too. From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...ion#Au_pair_Agencies

Au pair Agencies

These are the 13 agencies designated by the State Department to administer the au pair program[1]:

Agent Au Pair [1]
    American Cultural Exchange dba goAUPAIR [2]
    American Institute for Foreign Study (Au Pair in America) [3]
    Au Pair Foundation, Inc. [4]
    Au Pair International, Inc. [5]
    AuPairCare, Inc. [6]
    EF Education (Cultural Care, Inc.) [7]
    Cultural Homestay International [8]
    Euraupair Intercultural Child Care Programs [9]
    Expert Group International Inc. [10]
    InterExchange Au Pair USA [11]
    The International Au Pair Exchange [12]
    USAuPair, Inc. [13]

I betcha this boy be wantin her cause how she be lookin in one them french maid outfits.
    This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Someone12
    Now why didn't I think of that??...
    and the agencies that arrange au pairs have no influence on visa issuance....(some think they do)...what matters is whether or not the consular officials believe that the individual will obey our laws and return home after their assignment....but many countries have poor track records in this regard....