50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need help about 18Th Birth day & Citizenship

I am us citizen and I filed i-130 for my kids age 20 & 17.I-130 approved and case went to NVC and consulate at Pakistan. They both granted Visa. Consulate office gave them a packet instructing them donít open it and hand over this to immigration officer at port of entry. Now they are here in USA since 26th July 2009.
    My question is this, DO I NEED TO FILLUP ANY OTHER FORMS FOR THEIR GREEN CARD. AND WHAT I NEED TO DO TO APPLY THEIR SSN.
    Thank you for your time and kind advice.

Thank you every one replied to my earlier post. I over looked and did not mention another issue and i need your help pls.'
    this important issue is about my child of age 17. The consulate office told us if the 17 years old entered in USA a before his 18th birthday he will granted a us citizenship immediately. Kids are entered USA on July 26th, 2009. and port of entry they just stamped their Pakistani passport and since that i have not heard any thing from DHS / Immigration department. AND now the 17th year old my kid pass his 18th birth day yesterday. What I need to do or where i am missing some thing.
    Thank you again for your help and your valuable time. Regards
    Qureshi

I am us citizen and I filed i-130 for my kids age 20 & 17.I-130 approved and case went to NVC and consulate at Pakistan. They both granted Visa. Consulate office gave them a packet instructing them donít open it and hand over this to immigration officer at port of entry. Now they are here in USA since 26th July 2009.
    My question is this, DO I NEED TO FILLUP ANY OTHER FORMS FOR THEIR GREEN CARD. AND WHAT I NEED TO DO TO APPLY THEIR SSN.
    Thank you for your time and kind advice.

Thank you every one replied to my earlier post. I over looked and did not mention another issue and i need your help pls.'
    this important issue is about my child of age 17. The consulate office told us if the 17 years old entered in USA a before his 18th birthday he will granted a us citizenship immediately. Kids are entered USA on July 26th, 2009. and port of entry they just stamped their Pakistani passport and since that i have not heard any thing from DHS / Immigration department. AND now the 17th year old my kid pass his 18th birth day yesterday. What I need to do or where i am missing some thing.
    Thank you again for your help and your valuable time. Regards
    Qureshi

No, nothing more needs to be done. Wrong about the automatic citizenship. That only applies to lpr children listed on your citizenship application.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The consulate office told us if the 17 years old entered in USA a before his 18th birthday he will granted a us citizenship immediately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you list him on your application for citizenship?

Both the Children were in Pakistan. That's why he had file I-130 Petitions for them. since they arrived in the United States as an immigrant
    You will need to take them to Social Security Office and apply for SS Cards.Adminstration, Social Security may not issue them a cards until they have received their Creen Cards..
    No Consulate in Pakistan issue any Immigration visas accept U.S. Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan. only issues all types of visas..in that Country...

qureshi:

You should have received Green Card for your 17 year old. You must file N-600 to apply for Certificate of Citizenship for your all children below 18 years. You were given proper guidance in your an other post few days back.

Thank you very much , i need to file N-600 for youngest one. I appreciate all of your time and value able advice.,
    thanks again
    regards
    qureshi