50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philippine K-1 visa, do you have to meet in person?

Every site I read it saids in order to obtain a K-1 Fiancee visa you must both meet in person. I understand if you have never seen her before, but with the internet we have been seeing each other for over a year on web cam, I also met her family and parents on the web cam too. We have both sent each other many pictures of each other and where and how we live, many cards through the mail and emails, also I call her every day and night. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. If we don't meet in person does this mean she won't be issued a K-1 Fiancee visa? There's nothing more I would rather do than to go to the Philippines and hold her in my arms. With the US economy being as bad as it is at the moment, a job right now is very important to have. I'm afraid that if I try to take time off of work to visit her, I may not have a job when I return home. This means losing my house and all our plans together. They say there are some cases where you don't have to meet if it causes " Extreme Hardship" in doing so. Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know what the law means as "Extreme Hardship"? Any information would be very helpful, thank you....

Every site I read it saids in order to obtain a K-1 Fiancee visa you must both meet in person. I understand if you have never seen her before, but with the internet we have been seeing each other for over a year on web cam, I also met her family and parents on the web cam too. We have both sent each other many pictures of each other and where and how we live, many cards through the mail and emails, also I call her every day and night. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. If we don't meet in person does this mean she won't be issued a K-1 Fiancee visa? There's nothing more I would rather do than to go to the Philippines and hold her in my arms. With the US economy being as bad as it is at the moment, a job right now is very important to have. I'm afraid that if I try to take time off of work to visit her, I may not have a job when I return home. This means losing my house and all our plans together. They say there are some cases where you don't have to meet if it causes " Extreme Hardship" in doing so. Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know what the law means as "Extreme Hardship"? Any information would be very helpful, thank you....

The meeting requirement is very strict. There is only an exception where the religion requires it and it is extreme hardship. Also you would be insane to do a K-1 visa without having met the person. You only are allowed 2 K-1 visas in your life. If you can not afford a trip to the Phillippines, you can not afford marriage.

Hi Mark - and welcome.

I think you should meet your girl in person before filing the K-1 visa. USCIS has rules for a reason, and many of them are to protect the USC from fraud. Best to meet and figure out if the relationship is real and you guys are really compatible. Good luck.

Dude, run the fck away. Those Philippine girls are nothing but trouble. She is going to use you for her papers and then divorce you and try to take everything you have. They all do the same thing. I've never known a single one that was honest.

You watch and see. You will get royally screwed if you go through with it. They are lousy in the sack too. Lay there and make noises like a dying chicken or something.

If you want a hot women get one from south america or maybe russia. They look better and are better in bed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markg227:
    Every site I read it saids in order to obtain a K-1 Fiancee visa you must both meet in person. I understand if you have never seen her before, but with the internet we have been seeing each other for over a year on web cam, I also met her family and parents on the web cam too. We have both sent each other many pictures of each other and where and how we live, many cards through the mail and emails, also I call her every day and night. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. If we don't meet in person does this mean she won't be issued a K-1 Fiancee visa? There's nothing more I would rather do than to go to the Philippines and hold her in my arms. With the US economy being as bad as it is at the moment, a job right now is very important to have. I'm afraid that if I try to take time off of work to visit her, I may not have a job when I return home. This means losing my house and all our plans together. They say there are some cases where you don't have to meet if it causes " Extreme Hardship" in doing so. Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know what the law means as "Extreme Hardship"? Any information would be very helpful, thank you.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Extrmem hardship, under USCIS, is given the facts and circumstances, you are unable to meet your fiancee in person. An obvious example would be someone who is physcially bound to a wheelchair and the country does not have adequate facilities to take care of your needs.

It may appear your situation, given the economy, may qualify for hardship. Make sure you have the facts and circumstances can be proven.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jam123:
    Dude, run the fck away. Those Philippine girls are nothing but trouble. She is going to use you for her papers and then divorce you and try to take everything you have. They all do the same thing. I've never known a single one that was honest.

You watch and see. You will get royally screwed if you go through with it. They are lousy in the sack too. Lay there and make noises like a dying chicken or something.

If you want a hot women get one from south america or maybe russia. They look better and are better in bed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree; you can trust Russian women. Please visit my web site below and take a tour to one of our wonderful cities; St. Petersburg, Odessa, Nikolaev, etc....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markg227:
    Every site I read it saids in order to obtain a K-1 Fiancee visa you must both meet in person. I understand if you have never seen her before, but with the internet we have been seeing each other for over a year on web cam, I also met her family and parents on the web cam too. We have both sent each other many pictures of each other and where and how we live, many cards through the mail and emails, also I call her every day and night. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. If we don't meet in person does this mean she won't be issued a K-1 Fiancee visa? There's nothing more I would rather do than to go to the Philippines and hold her in my arms. With the US economy being as bad as it is at the moment, a job right now is very important to have. I'm afraid that if I try to take time off of work to visit her, I may not have a job when I return home. This means losing my house and all our plans together. They say there are some cases where you don't have to meet if it causes " Extreme Hardship" in doing so. Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know what the law means as "Extreme Hardship"? Any information would be very helpful, thank you.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do it? everything you have worked for, everything you believe in will disappear!!! you will then be in the twilight Zone of games and deceit!!! Enjoy your new life.
    PH. love = I Love the life you have, and what you have!!! Not you. Did she openly want to meet your parents? your friends? Or was it mostly hers????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Why does everyone think that all Philippine women are nothing but liers and cheaters. I have read a lot of posts from US men who have married a philippine woman, they have nothing but the highest respect for them. They are simple people with a heart of gold, caring, loving, warm, and understanding. She has never asked me for anything, not one penny. She knows all my family as I do hers, she always writes my mother and sends her cards, always thanking her for excepting her for who she is. She excepts her poor way of life and ashamed to show me how she lives because shes afraid I will not love her. She even asked me if she could not come here to live if I would be willing to come there and live the simple poor live with her. She has so much beauty on the inside, something I have never seen in a American woman. Yes, material things are nice to have in life if you want to work till you drop dead in order to keep them. I would rather give up the rat race here in America and be rich in love with someone who truely loves me. You can keep your American western women who only love you for how much money you have and what you can give them. I'd rather live with less and have a loving and caring woman by my side who will love me weather I'm rich or poor. Life is to short, I'd rather be loved for who I am than for what I own. There are a lot of wonderful Philippine women out there who are only looking for a simple ,loving and caring man. That means more to me than anything I could ever own.

Dude, you need to work on your spelling and grammar