free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I-751 very, very late

So, you just decided not to file for adjustment? There maybe some on this site who will believe it, but most of us are smart enough to know fiction when we read it? You know, just deciding to ignore the law, then make up some lie to rationalize your actions afterwards will not get you any benefit from the USCIS.

Well, strictly speaking, I'm not asking you to believe anything. I was asking for some advice. You say that USCIS will not believe me. Can you tell me what you base your statement on? For example, I will submit an affidavit from our neighbor (since 2004), who knows that we have lived together for the past ~5 years.

The question will be twofold, why did you wait so long to file and are you in a legitimate marriage. Affidavits are not given much weight, as USCIS has other ways to check if you are actually living together.

In the end your story to date has little credibility.

Are you going to tell us why you waited so long?

Before I tell you, can you tell me what your expertise is, in this area?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davidvcp:
    Before I tell you, can you tell me what your expertise is, in this area? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davidvc[.
    I would suggest you place federale86 on the ignore list. No matter what you tell him, his mind is made up about you and your situation.

The only person who can tell you whether your circumstance in a late filing is warranted or not is a qualified legal immigration representative. In additino, I owuld heed the advice that 4now and others have said. It is really a choice which route you take, eventually your wife will receive a green card.

Generally speaking, USCIS will use reasonable cause in medical or financial as legitimate reasons why the late filing. The worst thing that could happen is USCIS denying the I-751 and asking that you file the I-130 and I-485 again.

Good luck to you and your wife.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Hi, I wanted to follow up with this newsgroup, where several of you helped me with my questions. Anyway, after filing the I-751 about 2.5 years late, my wife was called in for the biometric thing about a month ago. Then, yesterday, I received in the mail a letter from USCIS saying that the restriction had been lifted. I did wonder at one thing, the letter was not the typical NOA. It was printed on simple white paper. But it does seem official :-)

Congratulations Davidvcp. I'm surprised there was no interview though. You must have had plenty of evidence. You should get the 10yr GC in the mail in about 2-3 weeks.

As for fedNUT-E86's response, it shows he really doesn't know much about Immigration matters at all.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

No moron Brit, the case was obviously assigned to an officer who did not know the law. There are plenty of bad officers at USCIS who don't know the law and just approve anything. Dave got one of those. If we knew who that was, that officer would have been disiplined.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    The question will be twofold, why did you wait so long to file and are you in a legitimate marriage. Affidavits are not given much weight, as USCIS has other ways to check if you are actually living together.

In the end your story to date has little credibility.

Are you going to tell us why you waited so long? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Op told us all he needed to about the validity of his marriage and family. I am sure the director found his late filing excuse acceptable and that the I/O found those children to be very pertinent evidence

<span class="ev_code_red">"In fact, my wife and I have remained married and living together since her arrival in the US (in fact, we are at Disneyland now, on vacation with our two children). The circumstances that got us to this point (not at Disneyland, but with the US gov't), while maybe not common, should not be unimaginable. But I won't say more about that here, at least not at this point. So, no fraud."</span>

Congrats David on your approval

David:

Congratulations. Would you like to share with this board about what documents you submitted along with your I-751. Many can benefit with you experience.