free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigrant's Weekly News Links 8/13/07

Anyway you look at it, there will be positive results.

Enforcement is never a goal in itself, but means to achieve what can't be achieved otherwise.

And, whatever its' degree will be, one can't deny all the good it will bring in the end (if you are willing to look at the larger picture instead of focusing your attention on trivialities).

1. Enforcement of immigration laws will help to alleviate the tensions (among those concerned with rising level of uncontrolled immigration ,and its' impact on livelihoods of those who have generations long stake in this country).

2. Direct consequence of #1 will be beneficial to to all, immigrants as well as natives.

Less competition in labor pool = higher wages for all who remain + less tensions around immigration issue.

3. Better, stronger businesses will survive, unlucky ones will close down but their owners won't be left jobless, instead they will contribute their skills/abilities working for more efficient, well organized enterprises (rather than running one that is unable to pay attractive to hire LPR/USCs wages).

3. Concern about the fate of those who will inevitably be removed in the process (be it 500.000 or 12.000.000, depending on funds allocated and numbers present) is far outweighed by the benefit to 300.000.000 who will remain.
    It would be utterly foolish to sacrifice the interest of 300.000.000 for the sake of accomodating that of 12.000.000

May God Bless America in all of its' endeavors !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    ... Concern about the fate of those who will inevitably be removed in the process (be it 500.000 or 12.000.000, depending on funds allocated and numbers present) is far outweighed by the benefit to 300.000.000 who will remain.
    It would be utterly foolish to sacrifice the interest of 300.000.000 for the sake of accomodating that of 12.000.000... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a dream that it's gonna be as clear-cut and neat as this......

Until I remembered that:

the US has only around 27k beds for the 12M deportees;

normally each individual deportee has due process rights that collectively should clog further by X-fold our already seriously backlogged immigration judicial system;

each deportee may incur government expenses of around $6k on the average for the whole process;

a deportee may be a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer, an architect, a nurse, an accountant, a business owner, a serviceman, a religious leader, and yes, a government employee and/or a father, a mother, a wife, a husband, a son, a daughter, a brother, a sister, a grandparent, a relative, a friend, and yes, even a lover;

the 12M are not cows or goats that could just be herded away and not human beings that have already "planted their roots" on US soil with their families, with their jobs, and with their communities;

Indeed, I had a dream, that after everything is said and done in the completion of this whole process, the 300M will live their lives happily ever after.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    ... Concern about the fate of those who will inevitably be removed in the process (be it 500.000 or 12.000.000, depending on funds allocated and numbers present) is far outweighed by the benefit to 300.000.000 who will remain.
    It would be utterly foolish to sacrifice the interest of 300.000.000 for the sake of accomodating that of 12.000.000... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until I remembered that:

normally each individual deportee has due process rights that collectively should clog further by X-fold our already seriously backlogged immigration judicial system;

each deportee may incur government expenses of around $6k on the average for the whole process;

a deportee may be a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer, an architect, a nurse, an accountant, a business owner, a serviceman, a religious leader, and yes, a government employee and/or a father, a mother, a wife, a husband, a son, a daughter, a brother, a sister, a grandparent, a relative, a friend, and yes, even a lover;

the 12M are not cows or goats that could just be herded away and not human beings that have already "planted their roots" on US soil with their families, with their jobs, and with their communities;

Indeed, I had a dream, that after everything is said and done in the completion of this whole process, the 300M will live their lives happily ever after....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting read here, Rough Neighbor

Thanks, explora: and if I may add, that I HAD such a penchant for dreaming before....... but my dreaming had ceased when I continually came across such blabbering jargons.

I agree, because a lot of things, just like a jargon, are only what they're good for!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">:
    Originally posted by RationalE:

Until I remembered that:

Indeed, I had a dream, that after everything is said and done in the completion of this whole process, the 300M will live their lives happily ever after....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear RoughNeighbor:

Before responding to my post, did you read it in entirety , or did you (habitually) ignore most part of it , simply filled in 'gaps' with what was in your mind, and then responded to yourself (while thinking that you responded to my post) ?

If latter is the case, then let me re-post for you what I posted earlier.

No pun intended:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RationalE:

Anyway you look at it, there will be positive results.

Enforcement is never a goal in itself, but means to achieve what can't be achieved otherwise.

And, whatever its' degree will be, one can't deny all the good it will bring in the end (if you are willing to look at the larger picture instead of focusing your attention on trivialities).

1. Enforcement of immigration laws will help to alleviate the tensions (among those concerned with rising level of uncontrolled immigration ,and its' impact on livelihoods of those who have generations long stake in this country).

2. Direct consequence of #1 will be beneficial to to all, immigrants as well as natives.

Less competition in labor pool = higher wages for all who remain + less tensions around immigration issue.

3. Better, stronger businesses will survive, unlucky ones will close down but their owners won't be left jobless, instead they will contribute their skills/abilities working for more efficient, well organized enterprises (rather than running one that is unable to pay attractive to hire LPR/USCs wages). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>