50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Losing L1 Status But Married To US Citizen

I came to America on a L1 intracompany transfer 25 months ago. I met and fell in love with a USC and we married in Feb 2004. We have filed I130, I485, and an I765 all of which are now pending after recieving NOA'S. Found out today that the company that I work for may be out of business in aprox. 4 weeks. I would assume that my L1 Visa is no longer valid once I lose my job. My question is can I stay here legally since we have filed all the above petitions before knowing that my job was at risk? Thankyou for your help...

I came to America on a L1 intracompany transfer 25 months ago. I met and fell in love with a USC and we married in Feb 2004. We have filed I130, I485, and an I765 all of which are now pending after recieving NOA'S. Found out today that the company that I work for may be out of business in aprox. 4 weeks. I would assume that my L1 Visa is no longer valid once I lose my job. My question is can I stay here legally since we have filed all the above petitions before knowing that my job was at risk? Thankyou for your help...

Yes, you don't have any deportation proceeding against you. you can staty here because your case is under adjustment. You will be called for EAD and EAD will be issued, based on that you can get another job.
    Only problem you will have that you cannoot travel outside US without advance parole. If you do then your case will be presumed abondoned. I suggest not to travel unless you are adjucated.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..